Win 10 Graphic Driver

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
When I did clean install of Win 10...I used Intel Graphic Driver of my previous Win 7 system. My laptop is HP so I downloaded the graphic driver from HP for my laptop model.
When I was installing graphic driver Win 10 mentioned the graphic driver installed on the system is newer to the driver you are installing. I guess it was Win 10 included graphic driver. I continued installing my graphic driver.
I am occasionally getting graphic driver not responded & recovered on Win 10.
Should I uninstall my graphic driver & let Windows Updates to update the graphic driver that it mentioned was newer than mine?
Or should I install the latest graphic driver from Intel website?

When installing latest graphic driver should I uninstall the installed driver or it will be upgraded?

Any other driver I should download the latest version from the manufacturer itself & install for Win 10?

Reactions: Logethica
I

illumination

Thread author
When I did clean install of Win 10...I used Intel Graphic Driver of my previous Win 7 system. My laptop is HP so I downloaded the graphic driver from HP for my laptop model.
When I was installing graphic driver Win 10 mentioned the graphic driver installed on the system is newer to the driver you are installing. I guess it was Win 10 included graphic driver. I continued installing my graphic driver.
I am occasionally getting graphic driver not responded & recovered on Win 10.
Should I uninstall my graphic driver & let Windows Updates to update the graphic driver that it mentioned was newer than mine?
Or should I install the latest graphic driver from Intel website?

When installing latest graphic driver should I uninstall the installed driver or it will be upgraded?

Any other driver I should download the latest version from the manufacturer itself & install for Win 10?
I always prefer to download from the manufactures website way before letting microsoft find one for me, and i always do a clean install of the driver.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
If Intel has a Win10 driver, I would run that (or if hp actually has a Win10 driver); otherwise, I'd let Win10 update it (I have on my laptop; it's using the Windows Update Intel driver).

I definitely would not run the Win7 driver.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If Intel has a Win10 driver, I would run that (or if hp actually has a Win10 driver); otherwise, I'd let Win10 update it (I have on my laptop; it's using the Windows Update Intel driver).

I definitely would not run the Win7 driver.
GWX mentioned my system Win 7 is completely compatible so I used all the drivers on the system & no probs except this occasional graphic driver prob.

So if I uninstall my graphic driver Windows Updates will install the graphic driver?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uninstalled my graphic driver. Micrsoft basic driver was there & everything was looking big. Windows Updates found & installed updated driver & things are fine now.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
GWX mentioned my system Win 7 is completely compatible so I used all the drivers on the system & no probs except this occasional graphic driver prob.
That just means your hardware is compatible, not the drivers you have installed. Drivers interface the OS to the hardware; hence, new OS, new drivers.

Reactions: Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well that's primarily depends, better check for the latest version on manufacturer website and let refresh the Windows Update if it can see something new, because drivers should be done properly on manual process. ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Well that's primarily depends, better check for the latest version on manufacturer website and let refresh the Windows Update if it can see something new, because drivers should be done properly on manual process. ;)
Its hard for me to find correct graphic driver on manufacturer site as there are so many drivers.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
During boot black screen appears for few secs before logon screen...could this be coz of graphic driver?
I am running Windows Defender...no third party security software.

ZypKode

Level 1
Verified
Aug 7, 2014
During boot black screen appears for few secs before logon screen...could this be coz of graphic driver?
I am running Windows Defender...no third party security software.
It seems Everyone is getting the Black Screen with the Cursor error. Let me know if you come across a Solution for this Problem.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It seems Everyone is getting the Black Screen with the Cursor error. Let me know if you come across a Solution for this Problem.
I thought the prob is here only.
Good to know its a universal prob & hope would be fixed soon by MS.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
For my driver, I went onto Nvidia site, entered all the right details in the drop downs, chose Windows 10, made sure my card was listed (it was), downloaded the file and made it do a clean install.

When I tried to uninstall the driver (from device manager as it wasn't listed in installed programs), it just reinstalled itself. I can see what people mean by WIndows Update conflicting with Nvidia. Installing the driver from Nvidia increased the reliability of Windows a far sum. Windows 10 is still bugged. I have had no problems yet but a family member had a broken windows store. Had to manually repair it myself.

If Windows Update continue to install drivers automatically, at some point I'd imagine a conflict that might wreck the system. Ex: no long booting or just a black screen

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
When I select Win 10 64 Bits in the drop down menu above the page is not loading i.e circle/loading keeps spinning.
Weird, it does that for me when I select "Driver" (left box) only. Just select Win10 on the right side and it will work (there are only four total downloads for "all")

The automatic checker won't work if you're being smart proactive and downloading drivers prior to OS (re)install. Plus, I don't like automatic things for stuff that break when it's wrong (and it will be wrong since 100% bug free isn't always the case).

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Weird, it does that for me when I select "Driver" (left box) only. Just select Win10 on the right side and it will work (there are only four total downloads for "all")

The automatic checker won't work if you're being smart proactive and downloading drivers prior to OS (re)install. Plus, I don't like automatic things for stuff that break when it's wrong (and it will be wrong since 100% bug free isn't always the case).
I think those drivers are not for my laptop model.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
normally if you have installed the nvidia driver from WinUpdate , the Nvidia icon notifies you that a new version is present and redirect you to it.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I think those drivers are not for my laptop model.
They are video drivers, not laptop drivers.
Customised video hardware is en passant but if you do have laptop-specific video vendor ID hardware, the driver won't install and will instead tell you that it can't find compatible hardware.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
The below was my previous driver that was giving prob on Win 10 i.e was getting graphic driver not responded & recovered.
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (HP)

I uninstalled my driver & then device manager - display adapter showed "Microsoft basic display adapter" & Windows Updates updated to---
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

This is working fine.

I think will go with this as getting the latest correct driver is little confusing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.