Win 10 major upgrade & 3rd party software compatibility

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Do Win 10 major upgrade affect 3rd party software compatibility & so 3rd party software vendor have to keep up with the major upgrade like 1511, upcoming Redstone, etc...?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Security applications may be affected by Major Updates to Windows 10, otherwise all other software should work without a hitch.

For example:

The current version of your Antivirus or Suite may not be currently compatible, but during the month of Redstone release, the developers will push an update to support the latest major updates to Windows 10.

Overall, it's nothing to worry about.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So how it work backwards i.e latest version of 3rd party software on Win 10 old 10240, etc...?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Software devs have to adapt to changes pushed by windows and update their software. If they don't it will stop working/have issues. That is how it is and how it has always been.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Software devs have to adapt to changes pushed by windows and update their software. If they don't it will stop working/have issues. That is how it is and how it has always been.

I understand software has to support latest Windows version. How about backward compatibility? i.e -
If a software works on Win 10 10240 & later supports 1511 & later supports Redstone then still it supports or will work on 10240?

Software here I mean any software like archive, pdf, browser, vpn, instant messenger, download manager, bachkup, rollback, adblocker, security software like antivirus, etc...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That depends, usually those 3rd party software are already compatible upon the newer builds of Windows 10.

However it can be remove upon the upgrade process because of incompatibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.