Win32.downloader.gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvkjv

Thread author
May 26, 2013
hello:

I used every step on your web posting http://malwaretips.com/blogs/win32-downloader-gen-trojan/ and the win 32 was not located.
However, when I run spybot it always picks it up. unfortunately it will not remove it unless I run from safe mode. then, when I restart windows normally and run spybot, it is there again. I am running win7 64 bit home pro. any suggestions??

Thanks for helping the new guy to the forum!

littlesqueak7

Verified
May 26, 2013
I am having the exact same problem. I downloaded and ran all the programs following the instructions like lkjv did above. Spybot S&D kept picking it up as it reappeared, even after running in safe mode to remove it. I have tried to remove it using http://malwaretips.com/blogs/win32-downloader-gen-trojan/ running it twice already and it keeps returning when running Spybot. I am running Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I am too much of a newbie to try anything on my own to remove win32.downloader.gen myself. Thanks for any help!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to malwaretips.com.

If you both post a thread here someone from our highly trained malware removal team will be able to assist you further. :)

littlesqueak7

Verified
May 26, 2013
Thanks--I'm such a newbie it looks like I posted my request in the wrong place. I will post a new thread where you indicated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.