Winamp 5.64 Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Winamp is an award winning free multimedia player created by Nullsoft. It supports wide variety of audio and video formats, and also has extensive options for organizing, managing, ripping, burning and internet streaming of audio and video content, such as thousands of free songs and videos on online radio stations from SHOUTCast Radio and AOL Radio. In addition to the many features that come in the standard package, its 100 million+ user base has created some of the most useful and innovative plugins and themes that can be easily installed by using built-in browser.

What`s new in Winamp Full:

Android Wifi & USB sync support
Purchase tickets, find lyrics, & download music directly from your media player
WebM (vp8) Support
Windows 7 Compliant
Winamp OrglerTM lets you track, chart and share your Winamp listening history
Find & manage Add-ons directly in your media player
Improved iPod Sync Support
New iTunes Library Import
Online Services Gallery
Turkish, Romanian and Portuguese Language Packs

http://www.filehorse.com/download-winamp/

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
To find out what's new in version 5.64 click here.

Code:
New: Option to run Winamp in Safe Mode (also via /SAFE=1 commandline switch)
New: XSPF playlist support (read only support, write support to follow)
Improved: Added tooltips for truncated text in Media Library listviews
Improved: Added 'Explore item folder' to context menu in playlists
Improved: Bookmark menu handling now follows Winamp's Play/Enqueue setting
Improved: D3D vsync mode (should fix reported video tearing issues)
Improved: Display album art source info in Artwork tab of File Info dialog
Improved: Remember last position of dialogs
Improved: Show rating from tags if file is not in Local Media Library
Improved: Use new style dialog for folder browser
Improved: Windows 8 filetype association compatibility
Improved: [gen_ff] Multi-monitor support for Bento/Modern skin notifier
Improved: [gen_ff] Windows 8 multi-monitor/taskbar mode compatibility
Improved: [in_flac] FLAC streaming support
Improved: [in_mp3] Shoutcast v2 in-stream artwork support (and other misc fixes)
Improved: [in_mp3] Use MIME to determine decoder before assuming ext. is correct
Improved: [in_mp4] Native ALAC playback support
Improved: [in_mp4] Optimize MP4 Raw Reader by using chunks instead of samples
Improved: [in_mp4] Write ratings to tags (using the "rate" atom)
Improved: [ml_local/history] Friendlier error message if nde/database fails to load
Improved: [ml_local] New 'Date Added' column (smart views adjusted accordingly)
Improved: [ml_playlists] Now with Generate HTML Playlist support
Improved: [ml_playlists] Save playlists to custom m3udir, if specified in paths.ini
Improved: [ml_wire] Save (and backup) database files on updates instead of on exit
Improved: [pmp_ipod] Added BPM, TotalTracks, Disc# & TotalDiscs metadata support
Improved: [pmp_wifi] SSDP support and other optimizations
Fixed: Failing to load on some Windows 8 (and earlier) installs (thanks Nanner)
Fixed: Not playing the first song next when clearing then adding items to playlist
Fixed: Bento/Modern skin notifier sometimes no longer appearing (thanks pjn123)
Fixed: Deletion of 0-byte wdl*.tmp & wht*.tmp files
Fixed: Issues with re-embedding of vis plug-ins in Bento skin when exiting fullscreen
Fixed: Issues with some Icecast servers providing invalid stream links (v2.x bug!)
Fixed: Potential crashes when rapidly switching between DSP plug-ins
Fixed: [Bento Browser] Potential security vulnerabilities (thanks Julien Ahrens, inshell.net)
Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Potential security vulnerabilities (thanks Julien Ahrens, inshell.net)
Fixed: [in_mp3] Mapping of POPM ratings scale
Fixed: [in_mp4] Bug where too-small passed-in buffer size resulted in loss of data
Fixed: [in_mp4] Seeking files/podcasts which use a single video frame as artwork
Fixed: [in_vorbis] Not reading Disc# (plus other general Vorbis Comments fixes)
Fixed: [in_wave] mldb info for .wav files being wiped after viewing Alt+3 dialog
Fixed: [ml_disc] Blocking of context menu items in ml tree for History & Bookmarks
Fixed: [ml_disc] Creation of 0-byte trk*.tmp files & associated crash on some systems
Fixed: [ml_impex] UI lockups on import/export of large databases
Fixed: [ml_wire] Subscriptions to podcast channels with the same name
Fixed: [ombrowser] Alt Gr keys broken in Online Services text input fields
Fixed: [pmp_android] Albumart-related crash when transferring ogg files
Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Transfers fail if <Albumartist> contains illegal characters
Fixed: [pmp_p4s] Crash/hang on exit after transferring files to MTP/P4S devices
Misc: All default plug-ins now include file description & version info properties
Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
Removed: [gen_orgler] The end of Winamp Charts & Music Usage Database
Updated: [libFLAC] FLAC 1.3.0
Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.16
Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.6
Updated: [zlib.dll] zlib 1.2.8

To go to the official site of Winamp, click here.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

AIMP is much better then Winamp and doesn't have "OpenCandy".

Have a nice day!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Paul.R said:
Hi!

AIMP is much better then Winamp and doesn't have "OpenCandy".

Have a nice day!

You can download the portable version from Softpedia without OpenCandy.

Softpedia guarantees that Portable Winamp 5.35 is 100% FREE, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.

You can also download the current Lite version here

I personally don't like AIMP, it is missing too many features that I use.

Thanks.:D

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Thanks Littlebits. I use Winamp Lite a long time ago but I don't trust/like Winamp.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
For Me VLC is Enough :)
Not trying Winamp since 6-7 years.

If you have 6 channel audio speakers, VLC will only recognize 4 channels and the sound quality is bad. VLC is excellent for videos since it will play any format without having to install codec packs but for audio it is bad unless you just use 2 audio channels.

My sound card allows a total of 8 channels but I will have to buy two more speakers to use them all. I take my music serious, I use my computer as a stereo and radio. I don't even use my stereo anymore since my computer speakers sound much better.

I have tried many audio players and nothing even comes close to Winamp in sound quality and features since it has so many plug-ins available. I simply love Winamp's Media Library and online services.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Cool, ill have to check this out. Right now im using doubletwist on pc and android so winamp could be a good alternative for me :)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@Littlebits
"If you have 6 channel audio speakers, VLC will only recognize 4 channels"
First of all thanks for such valuable info.But really i am too lazy in this field to find out what is pros or cons of specific music player.

"the sound quality is bad"
Really as i said i dont know too much about sound quality of Vlc is bad for me its ok as i said i am lazy....

"VLC is excellent for videos since it will play any format without having to install codec packs"
That why i not thinking to use any other player as it play most of the formates.

"My sound card allows a total of 8 channels but I will have to buy two more speakers to use them all"
I am using Ear phone 95%,as i mostly using My laptop at night so if i using speakers at 2 am so people around me which are in deep sleep become happy with my music :)

"I have tried many audio players and nothing even comes close to Winamp in sound quality and features since it has so many plug-ins available"
Ok thanks i will try winamp next time :)

Personally when i feel add somthing new in audio music at that time i am useing free version of this software(I used it rarelly)
http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/features.php

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
DFX Audio Enhancer doesn't work correctly with VIA HD Sound Cards on Windows 7x64. It makes the sound quality even worse.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Paul.R said:
For Winamp and AIMP I use this plugin:
AIMP link

Winamp link

Thanks Paul, I just tried this plugin and it really improved the sound quality.

Too bad it is no longer in development. I hope future Winamp updates doesn't break it. Developer's page- http://www.i-adrian.home.ro/enhancer.htm

Last updated (20/Oct/2001), I'm really surprised that it still works.

Good day.:D

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"DFX Audio Enhancer doesn't work correctly with VIA HD Sound Cards on Windows 7x64"
I have a window 7 32 Bit os,yesterday i use that & it will make sound awesome ;)
Thanks for your brief info on this subject.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Littlebits said:
MalwareVirus said:
For Me VLC is Enough :)
Not trying Winamp since 6-7 years.

If you have 6 channel audio speakers, VLC will only recognize 4 channels and the sound quality is bad. VLC is excellent for videos since it will play any format without having to install codec packs but for audio it is bad unless you just use 2 audio channels.

My sound card allows a total of 8 channels but I will have to buy two more speakers to use them all. I take my music serious, I use my computer as a stereo and radio. I don't even use my stereo anymore since my computer speakers sound much better.

I have tried many audio players and nothing even comes close to Winamp in sound quality and features since it has so many plug-ins available. I simply love Winamp's Media Library and online services.

i was using winamp before,aimp3 sound quality is like winamp,and you don't need to use dfx plugin as dfx doesn't use plugin anymore it works with all music and mediaplayers ;) so aimp3+ dfx is awesome,one player thats lacks sound quality is foobar,its a great player once you configure it but its sound quality is really not that great compared to others!winamp is kinda bloatware i would say if i wanted to use a player with so many options i'll go for mediamonkey ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.