Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Windows 10 1809 Minimal AME Release Info
The following page provides a brief overview of what comes with the minimal AME release, including all minor UI modifications and pre-installed apps.

The default username is user and the default password is malte
For information on how to change these credentials, click here

Highlights:
  • Major deletion of hundreds of executable scattered throughout the system, which gather telemetry data, including the complete removal of Windows Update (universal backdoor)
  • Extensive group policy and registry modifications to further remove telemetry operations, and modify certain system behaviors to be more sensible
  • For good measure a massive fail-safe culmination of the various IPs and domains has been added to the hosts file, to further ensure no Windows telemetry leaves the system
  • Removed all apps (apx) including Cortana, Windows Store, Edge, Mail, Xbox etc.
  • Hardentools from SecurityWithoutBorders has been installed
  • The default user has been removed from the Administrator group
UI Modifications:

Major effort has been invested in ensuring that, although Windows is heavily modified, the experience feels as vanilla as possible minus the missing features, and not like some hacked together fan release. The following UI changes could be highlighted:
  • Modification of the task bar icons
  • Removal of the Notification Action Center from the UI (as it has been deleted from the system)
  • You get our malte wallpaper, deal with it
Website: Windows 10 Minus The Spyware + Added Stability and Security

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Cool thank you @Robbie for the information - Nice to have for my vm as a browser and closed environment.

Just need it for Browser, Office and Discord. :D (Hope Office will work tho...)

Best regards
Val.

Reactions: Nevi and RoboMan
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Major deletion of hundreds of executable scattered throughout the system, which gather telemetry data, including the complete removal of Windows Update (universal backdoor)

I love click-bait statements like this, Windows is closed-source how can they be sure nothing else will call home, an no Windows Update? thanks to give me an insecure OS... then i have to download the updates manually, so it ends the same lol.

For good measure a massive fail-safe culmination of the various IPs and domains has been added to the hosts file, to further ensure no Windows telemetry leaves the system
yeah sure they know all IPs used by MS...

Hardentools from SecurityWithoutBorders has been installed
the thing is even less exhaustive than Sysharderner...

Well another toy for privacy freaks who don't have the skill to use Linux...

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I love click-bait statements like this, Windows is closed-source how can they be sure nothing else will call home, an no Windows Update? thanks to give me an insecure OS... then i have to download the updates manually, so it ends the same lol.

Lmao you're so full of anger XD
Let geeks have fun testing things

L

Local Host

Fun fact, the moment they used hosts to block those so called IPs and domains, it was a useless effort (clearly shows they have no idea what they are doing).

The Microsoft IPs and domains are hard coded into the dnsapi, which bypasses the hosts file, we wouldn't want malware to so easily hijack Microsoft domains on Windows.

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
it is rude to mock users who are forced into the position of having to fight microsoft telemetry
blocking the hosts file is a very reasonable first-step anti-telemetry method
it is not their fault that microsoft used many under-handed tactics in windows 10
everyone in the industry knows microsoft is one of the largest data collectors right up there with google
What do you think the 'Telemetry data' contains?

Reactions: SunMan09
L

Local Host

it is rude to mock users who are forced into the position of having to fight microsoft telemetry
it is not their fault that microsoft used many under-handed tactics in windows 10
everyone in the industry knows microsoft is one of the largest data collectors right up there with google
It's entirely unrelated to Windows 10, it always been like that.

Plus unlike Google, Microsoft doesn't need your data to turn a profit since they been selling Software and Hardware for years (while Google made millions selling your data alone).

The problem of people like you, is that you fail to see, telemetry data is not the same as personal data.

Reactions: SunMan09 and RKRN3
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

1- it is not rude, just plain reality, stop acting like crybabies.
2- Telemetry doesn't hurt anyone, i'm still waiting a case of someone account has been compromised or life exposed to the public because of telemetry...Telemetry is about gathering usage datas, not your little dirty secrets.
3-Microsoft do what they want, you don't like? move to Linux or Mac, you will still get telemetry anyway.

The problem of people like you, is that you fail to see, telemetry data is not the same as personal data.
Exactly, but you know most just parrots what other tinfoil hats preach without even doing a bit of research.
They truly believe there is some dudes behind a desk having a folder with users name scrutinizing their life LOL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.