Troubleshoot Windows 10 ACPI suspension problem

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The laptop, an Acer E5-571G presents the shutdown problem ONLY when running on mains. It will correctly close windows but at the time to shutdown the hardware the fans stop, as well as the HDD but the power light stays on. Holding down the power button it shuts down correctly.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Update the drivers from chip manufacturer site, change power management options.
Fast / hybrid shutdown is already turned off, but without luck :(
Thanks anyone for help!
I think it may be ACPI problem, but I'm not sure.
I've tried installing the hotkey software from Acer as well as the Power manager, but fixed nothing.
As long as Acer Power Manager is bugged and keeps HDD at 100% for many minutes after boot, I uninstalled it because it's (for me) useless, and without it I have 10 hours of battery with text exiting use.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Acer Power Management does use a lot of HDD at boot.
Thanks anyone for help!
I think it may be ACPI problem, but I'm not sure.
I've tried installing the hotkey software from Acer as well as the Power manager, but fixed nothing.
As long as Acer Power Manager is bugged and keeps HDD at 100% for many minutes after boot, I uninstalled it because it's (for me) useless, and without it I have 10 hours of battery with text exiting use.
I need you to explain more are you saying the issue is resolved or that Acer Power Management is the problem?

Reactions: Skinoku
Upvote 0

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Hi @Tornado !
I installed Acer power manager thinking it might fix the problem, but after installing it the pc got slow more or less like before formatting it, without fixing the shutdown problem. So I removed it because in my opinion is useless.
No, the cause of the problem is unknown by now, but for sure isn't Acer Power Management.
Now I tried removing disk deactivation as well as setting ACPI to max performance.
The actual problem is that for some reasons the machine won't power off completely when windows shuts down correctly.
cheers! :)

Upvote 0

Skinoku

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Hi everyone!
I finally managed to fix the issue on the laptop.
I'd like to share with anyone with the same problem the solution.
The device "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" uses by default the Windows Update driver 11.0.0.1166 dated 31/08/2015.
Any tries to delete the device will reinstall the same driver.
To fix the ACPI problem just go to Intel Website and download the appropriate driver for that device, this one below is the one that worked for me. It's only for Windows 10 x64. The one linked is version 11.0.2.1000 dated 01/03/2016
I hope to solve someone's problem!
Cheers!

Download Intel® ME 11: Driver Consumer per Intel® elaborazione Stick STK2M3W64CC Intel® Management Engine

Upvote 0

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Hi everyone!
I finally managed to fix the issue on the laptop.
I'd like to share with anyone with the same problem the solution.
The device "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" uses by default the Windows Update driver 11.0.0.1166 dated 31/08/2015.
Any tries to delete the device will reinstall the same driver.
To fix the ACPI problem just go to Intel Website and download the appropriate driver for that device, this one below is the one that worked for me. It's only for Windows 10 x64. The one linked is version 11.0.2.1000 dated 01/03/2016
I hope to solve someone's problem!
Cheers!

Download Intel® ME 11: Driver Consumer per Intel® elaborazione Stick STK2M3W64CC Intel® Management Engine

This solution worked for my gaming laptop except I downloaded the one for my processor. Thanks. :D

Reactions: Skinoku
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.