- Updated Maps app
- More control over when updates happen
- Improved Settings app
- Quick Assist remote help
- Easier activation of OS
- Improved security for enterprise
- Access to Linux command-line tools
- Native support for Hyper-V containers

I haven't tested the update in any great detail, but the start menu is going backwards and the loading speed for Edge doesn't feel faster. It might be faster if I could get their experimental "TCP Fast Open" feature to work. It just crashes my computer as soon as I check it, which I'm not happy with.

Noxx

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
Wow, just as I was not happy about Edge's optimization updates, TCP Fast Open no longer crashes Windows. Must have been an overnight update. I can confirm that pages ARE loading faster, at least on my end. Is it still perfect? No, but this is a step in the right direction. If anyone else is an W10 insider previewer, let me know if you're experiencing improvements, as well.

Disclaimer: "Since web servers need to support TCP Fast Open for Edge to benefit from it, you will run into situations where you won't notice a difference to before." (GHACKS)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the update mechanism of Windows 10 will never ever change but interesting on the Action Plan concept.

But many people will observe Microsoft Edge since extension support is all they need.

having adblocker extension will solve problematic advertisements for them and use that browser for longer times.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
"More control over when updates happen"

Only thing that is really important, but we'll have to wait and see what M$ means by this...
You can control if it happen now or in 2 minutes. Unfortunately only for windows 10 pro and if you sacrifice your firstborn. :p

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.