Troubleshoot Windows 10 build 10586 Video Playback Issue

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
Firstly, wish all of you have a nice day!
I'm facing with a problem on Windows 10. When I see video, I open it the first time, no problem is happened. But when I try to open it again, it's opened, but not play, only freezes at the first frame, I can't do anything except restart Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Edu build 10586 and VLC for playing videos. I also tried another player such as Windows default, K-lite. But can't solved. Does anyone have this problem like me?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi @Maxxx58 , in most cases it would be an issue with the graphics driver software. Have you tried with your graphics control panel and reset to default and check? If this doesn't fix, make sure that you are not facing the same problem w.r.t browsers when you play videos. If the issue continues, try to reinstall the graphics driver and check. And even if this doesnt help I recommend you to perform a system restore to a good previous working environment. When you do restore, if you have installed any new applications and if that is not compatible with your system softwares, the software will be removed and there would be a fix right there.

Reactions: Maxxx58
Upvote 0

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi @Maxxx58 , in most cases it would be an issue with the graphics driver software. Have you tried with your graphics control panel and reset to default and check? If this doesn't fix, make sure that you are not facing the same problem w.r.t browsers when you play videos. If the issue continues, try to reinstall the graphics driver and check. And even if this doesnt help I recommend you to perform a system restore to a good previous working environment. When you do restore, if you have installed any new applications and if that is not compatible with your system softwares, the software will be removed and there would be a fix right there.
I noticed that there isn't any problem with my graphics driver on build 10240. But on build 10586, sometimes, my graphics drivers has stopped responding. Like this:
windows-10-display-driver-error.jpg

I also see lots of people having this problem like me (On this: http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-november-update-issues-bugs)
But when my problem happened, my Windows not shows notification about display drivers stopped responding as this, only can't playback video again.
Maybe, this build has lots of bug, I'm also facing with some bugs, but not bad like this problem

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I noticed that there isn't any problem with my graphics driver on build 10240. But on build 10586, sometimes, my graphics drivers has stopped responding. Like this:
windows-10-display-driver-error.jpg

I also see lots of people having this problem like me (On this: http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-november-update-issues-bugs)
But when my problem happened, my Windows not shows notification about display drivers stopped responding as this, only can't playback video again.
Maybe, this build has lots of bug, I'm also facing with some bugs, but not bad like this problem
Well I have to say that even my PC do have the same problem with certain applications. I tried finding solution all over the internet but was unsuccessful to resolve it. By this I made sure to myself that certain applications will not be compatible of running together and in final resulting to this. Even now I have issue with Firefox browser while playing videos in it. I get this message popped out and this forces me to shut down FF and use an alternate browser. In case of media players, I found PotPlayer to be my systems friend and still there isnt a fight between them.;). So what I suggest you is, try to find an app which runs well without nag and there you must have a fix.o_O
Well this is still uncertain to decide whether its a bug in the OS or in the 3rd Party softwares compatibility, but I can make sure that this issue will remain insane and solution less !

Reactions: Maxxx58 and frogboy
Upvote 0

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi @Purshu_Pro , maybe the problem is Raxco PerfectDisk 14. I remember that issue didn't happen before PerfectDisk installed. I've just removed it and till now, the problem has gone. I will reply when I noticed it again

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.