Advice Request Windows 10 Education as an OS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

limbskars94

Thread author
Dec 9, 2020
I’m in the process of building a computer right now and purchased Windows 10 the other day for about $100, but just today I received an email from my school with a list of softwares I can download for free through the Microsoft imagine program. One of the programs listed is Windows 10 Education which I’ve actually never heard of, so would anyone more familiar with it be able to shed some light on whether or not I could just use this as the OS for my next build and save $100?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I’m in the process of building a computer right now and purchased Windows 10 the other day for about $100, but just today I received an email from my school with a list of softwares I can download for free through the Microsoft imagine program. One of the programs listed is Windows 10 Education which I’ve actually never heard of, so would anyone more familiar with it be able to shed some light on whether or not I could just use this as the OS for my next build and save $100?
I would go for it.
It's a great version built on the enterprise edition:
More info can be found here:

Some quotes:
Windows Education is basically the Enterprise version but for educational (non profit) use only.
I personally use it on my system because it's one of the only versions that allows a telemetry setting of 0 "Security".
Windows 10 Telemetry Requirements
The education version doesn't get ads or those shitty games installed. It offers more control and better defaults than enterprise. It's the best version, unless you like candy crush and that ilk.
A few of the personalization options are disabled, such as Windows Spotlight. However, as others have stated Education does have a lot of additional features than Home, such as BitLocker encryption.

limbskars94

Thread author
Dec 9, 2020
I’m in the process of building a computer right now and purchased Windows 10 the other day for about $100, but just today I received an email from my school with a list of softwares I can download for free through the Microsoft imagine program. One of the programs listed is Windows 10 Education which I’ve actually never heard of, so would anyone more familiar with it be able to shed some light on whether or nohttps://19216811.cam/t I could just use this as the OS for my next build and save $100?
issue got solved!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.