Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
noy
Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all starts slowly responding. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops slowly responding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.It happened first time that hang of system.

Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing?

Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours ,when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all starts slowly hanging. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.Thx.

ah ps
NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors. Please help me.

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Last question , i swear. Somebody from tenforums said this to me:"
Many possible causes- you name it, it could happen.
PSU, RAM, disk, timing issues, dodgy hardware, overheating (any evidence?), overclocking (are you?), software bug, mismatched RAM (is all correct and consistent?).... "

So it was because i have dogdy hardware?

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Last question , i swear. Somebody from tenforums said this to me:"
Many possible causes- you name it, it could happen.
PSU, RAM, disk, timing issues, dodgy hardware, overheating (any evidence?), overclocking (are you?), software bug, mismatched RAM (is all correct and consistent?).... "

So it was because i have dogdy hardware?
I've had a quick read through the thread, but I really wouldn't put this on "dodgy hardware," it's kind of a silly reason to be very honest with you. None of the hardware you listed is dodgy. Being that your system was fine before you did the Windows upgrade I would tie it to either being a Windows issue, or driver issue more likely. When you did the upgrade, was it an in place upgrade, or a clean install? If it was an in place upgrade, sometimes upgrading Windows this way causes more issues than if you did a clean install.

Before doing a clean install, I would try completely uninstalling your GPU driver and reinstall them and see what happens. There's a program called display driver uninstaller (DDU), which will remove all remaining remnants of the previously installed driver. I would uninstall the driver normally first, reboot, run DDU, reboot, then reinstall your Nvidia drivers (make sure it's the latest one) and go from there.

If all else fails I would seriously consider doing a clean install of Windows and see if it still happens. If not then it had something to do with Windows during the upgrade. If it's still happening, then it could still be a driver issue, but I would still look at the hardware, ram, cpu (thermal paste), etc.. to see if there are any issues there. I would try the drivers/reinstalling Windows before ripping your system apart IMHO.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Nah it was clean install of Win 10 if i remember i 1903v. Not happened again since 23march ( still i was on 1903v).So why it happened once?
Well to be very honest, it sounds more like something (maybe a driver) just crashed, or something along those lines. Especially if it only happened once and hasn't happened since I would chalk it up to that. I build my own systems and while very stable I too have these random crashes every once and a blue moon. I don't leave my systems on 24/7 like you, so I am not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I wouldn't worry too much if it only happened once and hasn't happened since. We all experience random slowness/crashes we cannot explain from time to time, it's just the nature of computing/technology. ;) Now if it's happening a lot...then we have a different issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Not happened again since 23 march. So it was not hardware issue propably? ( like cpu degradation etc ) ?

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Before all these steps, if connected to an external monitor, turn off in monitor options, VSync if your monitor support this option.

Step one - Dissemble fast start if turned on.
Step two - Install the latest graphic drivers.
Step Three - Remove unecasery programs from the start, steam, origin, Uplay and affiliates.
Step four - See power options turn the PC to performance.

I believe that graphic drivers can be the problem.

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
I installed Windows 10 in march 2021. Version was 20H2 in march. I checked now.

But i found on internet,issues with NZXT application freezing machines on 20H2 Windows 10. Maybe it was because of NZXT.yeah

Upvote 0

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
You don't have to worry about temporary troubles that are not reproducible. System freezes and kills are not uncommon. This is also true for modern PCs.

If you have a really serious problem, the phenomenon will appear more often.
A large amount of data is coming and going like a procession of ants. It may be a miracle that it works well.🐜🐜

Reactions: sew333
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Oki thank you. Yes its fine 8 months :). We can close topic.

Just a little contribute before close the topic:

1636420607043.png

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.