Windows 10 is a security disaster waiting to happen. How will Microsoft clean up its mess?

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I hereby accept your bet. An imperial pint of beer, wasn't it...? :cool:

I have downloaded the installation media and license key from Microsoft VLSC, so it's an organizational license, albeit this one installation in a home computer.

There are however completely legal aftermarkets for LTSC licenses, too, and the prices are not unreasonably high in my opinion (one example here). I have been running LTSC since 2017 (first 1607 and nowadays 1809) and have been very happy with it. The stability is decent, regular security updates and no problems with forced semiannual feature updates. Everything just works!
i pirate stuff too no need to protective about it
not like microsoft was ever a moral company

Reactions: JB007 and Brahman

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
In that case nothing

Linux either fits you or not its very user depentive like the antivirus were talking here about :)
just so you know an OS is an OS a backbone
of the applications and UI
if you prefer to use a specific one then fine just you need to know both can run the same apps just one is more optimized that even Microsoft and google prefer them
i can run full mac OS and windows in KVM with way better performance then VMware
or you can just use a compatibility layer you should know that both options have similar performance penalty of about 10 percent

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
just so you know an OS is an OS a backbone
of the applications and UI
if you prefer to use a specific one then fine just you need to know both can run the same apps just one is more optimized that even Microsoft and google prefer them
i can run full mac OS and windows in KVM with way better performance then VMware
or you can just use a compatibility layer you should know that both options have similar performance penalty of about 10 percent
I have parents with cheapish laptops, just only for banking / browsing internet. They run windows 10 as fast as needed. I have been looking forward chrome OS ( chromebook) but now im feeling again that i could revive those laptops by installing linux and it gives laptop a new life, for years and years , this is also economic question since instead of buying new hardware you can relive old hardware

What i can get from linux instead of upgrading to windows 11 desktop ( most likely buying 1000-1500 usd priced junk pc to get gpu and then add some cooling system and probably upgarde some parts aswell )

I could just upgrade to linux and give new life to my current desktop setup, i ran pop_OS ! for 2 days and i could get war thunder, runescape running as good as on my windows desktop, i could get everything working as i wanted it was more simple to set up things than on microsoft, also privacy and security comes with it

Only thing that wont push me into linux is that browsers support vsync, i can set up my screens runnign 240 hz , but i have to mess up with firefox and set uncapped fps/ hz , same with the browsers based in chromium that makes the worries with multiple monitors for me

But for browsing internet in fullscreen / doing banking stuff i would go for linux permanently ..yes

I ran Feron os , elementary is wich were bit poorly optimized ( imo) but POP_OS ! was completely different case, it was really optimized for gaming and performance . I will give it a new try sometime in future , but for now i stick with windows 10 because when im talking about functions and multiple monitors and rezizing game clients and uncapping hz / fps its bit too clunky currently

Ok this is going offtopic but its just my wievs about linux so far. I have read that linux is very popular/ stable running servers around the world but its not what im looking for ..... sorry for long text i just wrote what i had in mind just right now

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.