Troubleshoot Windows 10 issues

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I am having these two issues right now:

1. When I ask Cortana to tell me the current weather, it displays weather from another location (India). I am from Pakistan. All of my related settings are correct.

2. I uninstalled the Synaptics driver for PS/2 Touchpad from Add/Remove programs, restarted my system, and now Windows update won't download the same driver again. How do I fix that?

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am having these two issues right now:

1. When I ask Cortana to tell me the current weather, it displays weather from another location (India). I am from Pakistan. All of my related settings are correct.

2. I uninstalled the Synaptics driver for PS/2 Touchpad from Add/Remove programs, restarted my system, and now Windows update won't download the same driver again. How do I fix that?
Download the latest driver from the manufacturer and install it

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you set your Location in the Weather app to India?

upload_2015-8-5_22-3-20.png

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@Huracan: Everything is correctly configured as I already stated above. Seems to me a bug.

Update: The weather it displays is correct for my location, but the name of the location is Punjab, India (which is incorrect).

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
@Huracan: Everything is correctly configured as I already stated above. Seems to me a bug.

Update: The weather it displays is correct for my location, but the name of the location is Punjab, India (which is incorrect).
I would imagine this is the same as a cell phone in regards to location and weather apps.Sometimes mine is the right location and then sometimes it is wrong location.However I am sure if it is a bug in Windows 10 it will be fixed eventually.I don't use it on Windows 10 so I can't tell you for sure.

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
When I first upgraded my weather location was Boulder Colorado, I don't live there lol I checked location settings and all was well, after maybe 8-10 hours I noticed it had changed to my real location, been fine ever since.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well sometimes the accuracy of Cortona varies as you will speak clearly as much as possible, whereas an automatic configuration set is already provided. Its still a young flagship feature which let her grow well, sometimes the language isn't too much apply all. ;)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.