• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Win 10 64 Pro (Anniversary Build)

I enabled lock screen option "Dont show lock screen" in group policy But lock screen is still there on boot.

Any one have disabled lock screen?

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Hello @yesnoo . I have found a tutorial on This Website that I hope will help with your problem. Since you have already tried the Group Policy method, I would advice you to try out the second method which uses Regedit instead. This is the method I used to disable the lockscreen on my machine a while back and I certainly hope it will for you too. Hope I was of use :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Hello @yesnoo . I have found a tutorial on This Website that I hope will help with your problem. Since you have already tried the Group Policy method, I would advice you to try out the second method which uses Regedit instead. This is the method I used to disable the lockscreen on my machine a while back and I certainly hope it will for you too. Hope I was of use :)
Are you running Anniversary build?

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you for the FREE advertisement @Paul Lee :D..BTW Great advice for the Lock-Screen ..:)

@yesnoo ...This is a variation on the method that @Paul Lee posted...just in case it proves of any help.
Disable the Windows 10 Lock Screen (Anniversary Update):
SOURCE: ghacks.net (DATE: AUG 5th 2016)

As you may know, Microsoft disabled some policies from working on Windows 10 Pro systems in the Anniversary Update.

Among the things that Windows 10 Pro admins cannot configure anymore is the lock screen behavior, or more precisely, the policy to turn off the lock screen.

While the lock screen may have its uses on some systems, it is just a delay for others who don't require its functionality and want the sign in done as quickly as possible.

Another reason why Windows 10 users may not want to see the lock screen is that Microsoft did use it to display ads (in form of wallpapers) in the past. While it is still possible to turn off lock screen ads in Windows 10's Anniversary Update edition, disabling the lock screen entirely cannot be done anymore using the Group Policy.

Good news is, there is still a method to turn off the lock screen in the latest version of Windows 10 (discovered on the Quarter of Three forum).
The method below uses a Windows tasks for turning off the lock screen in the latest version of Windows 10. Please note that it will only take care of the lock screen when you lock the computer, but not on start.

It adds a key to the Registry that Windows seems to honor once only. That's why a task needs to be used and adding the key manually to the Registry won't make the fix permanent....

PLEASE VISIT THE GHACKS LINK FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY THIS METHOD

Testing
Once you have configured and added the new task, you may want to run tests to make sure it works correctly. The easiest way to do so is to use Windows-L to lock the desktop. You may also restart the PC if you prefer that to test that behavior as well.

You will notice that the lock screen is skipped automatically on log in again.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
I never tried the Group Policy method, I did the Regedit method first and it worked so I had no reason to use the Group Polity method. Keep in mind that I disabled the lockscreen before the anniversary update so the settings transferred through.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I haven't, but why do you want to Hide the lock screen?
I wanted to hide it, now I am fine with it.

Just wanted to know if the method is working? I gave it a try & didn't worked for me.

Hope Microsoft will add an option to hide it in the future builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.