Solved Windows 10 Mobile: How to stop system from consuming mobile data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I'm trying to find a solution to this issue but I find nothing useful. If anyone can help me very grateful in advance. It should be clarified that I have disabled the use of mobile data from my cell phone Lumia 640 but system continues to consuming them. Best regards.

Reactions: upnorth

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
One thing that I've succesfully tried comes to my mind: Install a firewall and block all the apps trying to connect to Internet. This is what I've done in my Android phone... Hope it helps you.

Reactions: eonline
Upvote 0

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You should disable all background apps.If you have them enabled in the background they will consume data even
if you open the data for a few minutes.
First of all Windows Store will try to update it's self and that needs a fair amount of data

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.