Windows 10 Mobile is dead article

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Windows Phone's market share took a huge hit last quarter, dropping to a ridiculously low 1.7 percent. Things could improve following the introduction of Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL and other Windows 10 Mobile smartphones, but, in the long run, the platform is not expected to regain much of the ground it lost to Android and iOS.
(...)

After reading its comments, I smell a small hint of Fanboyism on that article.

I have used iOS until version 8, various Android versions from Kitkat to Lollipop including custom roms and Windows 8 and 8.1 for Mobile.

Of the 3, the less headaches I had was on iOS and Windows.

Battery life of the hardware was best and still is on Windows Phone, iOS being middle ground.

What I have disliked on Android is one thing: Carriers overload their junk and unless you root it, you are forced to have their bloatware.

Then lets add carrier's custom rom's to the mix. Unless you are running Vanilla Android, you will not get the updates as they are released. To add to the mix, carriers do not always push updated OS to mid range phones, unlike the other 2 competitors.

As for the shares, yes Android has the biggest market share, but that is also due to user choice and so fort.

What are your thoughts on this article?

Note: this post is not to generate the discussion: I like Android more or I like [INSERT OS] more just because it has a greater app market.

Enjoy the read and looking forward for some discussion.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
We recently purchased a Lumia 950XL (soon to be Android free household :p) and it's extremely impressive how smooth it's running, the camera is, frankly speaking, absolutely amazing and blows my iPhone 6s out of the water. The only downside, at least in my opinion, is the case since it's made of plastic it feels a bit cheap and underwhelming.
After reading its comments, I smell a small hint of Fanboyism on that article.
(...)
The WP hate is strong in this article since a lot of fanboys feel threatened by the strong marketing pushes made by MS, so it's no surprise they pull out the old "lulz market share" card to reassure themselves of the absolute "superiority" of Android even tough market share doesn't mean jack for the survival of a mobile OS. Microsoft doesn't care if they take a loss with their platform as long as they are able to support it with their other divisions which will lead to a push in those... They are playing the long game and they will continue to do so for as long as they want.

Reactions: Soulbound

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
We recently purchased a Lumia 950XL (soon to be Android free household :p) and it's extremely impressive how smooth it's running, the camera is, frankly speaking, absolutely amazing and blows my iPhone 6s out of the water. The only downside, at least in my opinion, is the case since it's made of plastic it feels a bit cheap and underwhelming.
I am running the Microsoft 640 and everything I want it is there. Best part: mid budget phone with a battery life of nearly 2 days whilst listening to music, 3g on and occasionally wifi on.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
I am running the Microsoft 640 and everything I want it is there. Best part: mid budget phone with a battery life of nearly 2 days whilst listening to music, 3g on and occasionally wifi on.
The performance of WP, even on low-mid end hardware, is by far better than Android. The best thing IMO is that they get updates, unlike almost any other cheap Android phone! :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.