Troubleshoot Windows 10: Some program or app is seeing my location?

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
I just formatted my computer and I noticed sometimes there is a little sign in my taskbar saying "some program is seeing your location"
Should I be worried? I haven't downloaded anything but Chrome,Steam,Some game from the windows store,And I am downloading a game on steam Right now.
My computer came with McAfee so is that related? Thanks to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @idunno,
Is this the sign that you are seeing in Windows 10?
windows 10.png

There might be some programs that came with Windows that are trying to access your location like Cortana or the Weather app.
If you do not want your Windows 10 device to reveal your location, you can disable this option. To do this go to Settings > Privacy > Location.

2.jpg

Reactions: Marko :)
Upvote 0

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
Hello @idunno,
Is this the sign that you are seeing in Windows 10?
View attachment 143831
There might be some programs that came with Windows that are trying to access your location like Cortana or the Weather app.
If you do not want your Windows 10 device to reveal your location, you can disable this option. To do this go to Settings > Privacy > Location.

View attachment 143832
Yeah! and Thanks! I will look out for that and update the post if I see it again!

Many thanks!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.