Troubleshoot Windows 10 stops responding after 5 minutes.

xtremehosting

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
stops responding
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
tried booting in safe mode.
After booting up my windows it stops responding after few minutes, some time's immediately after boot.
applications i remember that i have installed on 11/12/2015 were 360 total security and privatefirewall.
any help will be appreciated.

S

Smith83

1-Please clickHEREto downloadHijackThis.

2-Save to your desktop Right Click Run as Admin to start the program.

3-Click on theMain Menubutton if not already there.

4-SelectDo a system scan and save a logfile.

5-Copy andpastethe scan log from Notepad into your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and Copy and Paste the result.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Can you try too remove some suspected programs like QIhoo and Privatefirewall temporary? Usually third party programs sometimes does not act very kind on certain localized OS.

Reactions: OokamiCreed
Upvote 0

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Privatefirewall sometimes caused lockups on my Windows 8 and 10 installations but never permanently and not after 5 minutes. Most of the time it was went close/opening or installing new software. I'm thinking Privatefirewall with all of it's modules might not like certain AV even when I allowed all processes of that AV and turned off filtering for those AV.

I've never used Qihoo with Privatefirewall so don't know how they operate together. I'd recommend removing just Privatefirewall and use Windows Firewall for a few hours to see if the problems continues. I believe the problem with Privatefirewall is it's Process Monitor module. Could also temporarly turn that off and see how that goes if you are unwilling to uninstalled Privatefirewall.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.