Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

I was going to buy a game from Windows Store today, but when I was about to click the buy button, I suddenly realized that the total was in wrong currency. It must be 505 PKR, instead it shows 505 USD. As a result of that nonsense, I am unable to complete my purchase.

Seriously, Microsoft must be ashamed of themselves for creating this crap (Store).

Refer to the pic:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 342

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Looks like, there is a bug in Windows store. What if you change your Ip? The system automatically detects that you are from Pakistan according your Ip. Just try but never use any vpn service or proxies to buy any products with your visa.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I am not using any VPN. I tried with my real IP, but it's showing the wrong amount.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
seems MS has a bug problem,are they running windows 10 too lol:p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
And before that, they were selling Windows 10 Pro licenses for only 2$. Way to go - Microsoft!
Now that's a deal!! I think waiting a bit before purchasing anything might be a good idea until all these problems are worked out.Given the pricing problems god only knows where your payment information might end up.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Now that's a deal!! I think waiting a bit before purchasing anything might be a good idea until all these problems are worked out.Given the pricing problems god only knows where your payment information might end up.

I am safe in that regard. My credit card works in a different way.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I was going to buy a game from Windows Store today, but when I was about to click the buy button, I suddenly realized that the total was in wrong currency. It must be 505 PKR, instead it shows 505 USD. As a result of that nonsense, I am unable to complete my purchase.

@Sher Please try the following methods:

Method 1:

In order to buy an app from the Store in a specific country or region (based on the Home location setting for your PC), you need to use a payment method from that country or region. For example, if you buy an app from the Store and your PC’s Home location is set to the United States, your payment method needs to be one from the United States.

Here is a link which tells you how to edit the payment method in Windows Store:
Add or edit your payment method for the Windows Store

For further information, refer the article:
Set your preferences for the Windows Store

Method 2:

Change the regional settings and check if that helps.

Settings => Time & language => Region & language

PS. Found solution to similar problem from here.

Report back here.

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@Sher Please try the following methods:

Method 1:

In order to buy an app from the Store in a specific country or region (based on the Home location setting for your PC), you need to use a payment method from that country or region. For example, if you buy an app from the Store and your PC’s Home location is set to the United States, your payment method needs to be one from the United States.

Here is a link which tells you how to edit the payment method in Windows Store:
Add or edit your payment method for the Windows Store

For further information, refer the article:
Set your preferences for the Windows Store

Method 2:

Change the regional settings and check if that helps.

Settings => Time & language => Region & language

PS. Found solution to similar problem from here.

Report back here.

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Everything is correct on my end. It's a bug in Windows Store.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.