Windows 10 System Tweaks

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Windows 10 System Tweaks contains numerous tested Windows 10 tweaks to add or remove context menu items, disable unwanted apps and more.
Included in the download are dozens and dozens of tested system tweaks for Windows 10. Everything from adding and removing context menu items to disabling Microsoft Edge preloading.

The RAR file you download contains numerous .reg, .bat, and .cmd files quickly apply needed tweaks. Most of these tweaks also come with a matching file to revert the changes. As always, these are geared towards advanced users and you should create a system restore point and back up your registry.

While Windows 10 System Tweaks isn't for everyone, it can be handy to set aside a bunch of your favorites and use as needed to remove bloat and make Windows 10 work to suit your needs. It's also helpful for those who might be nervous using all-in-one bloat removal tools but would like to make a handful of changes to their Windows 10.

The list of all tweaks included in the archive :

Download link hosted on Majorgeeks

For your system security, it is recommended that you backup your important files and image your system partition(s) when using these type of tools, in case anything goes wrong!

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Interesting, however, the reg tweaks should be accompanied by their respective reversal tweaks... For each "Disable... " an "Enable... " and so on. Reimaging has its limits. It's not something you want to do weeks later. 2¢.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Interesting, however, the reg tweaks should be accompanied by their respective reversal tweaks... For each "Disable... " an "Enable... " and so on. Reimaging has its limits. It's not something you want to do weeks later. 2¢.
Most tweaks sorted by their subfolders have reversal reg entries...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I can't get the disable Edge tweak to work in my VM. I ran the reg file, and Edge autostarted. I disabled in GPO, and it still autostarts!
What's up with that?
Win10 x64 1809 Enterprise
To answer my own question, it is very simple.
Settings/Privacy/Background apps
Now find Edge in the list, switch it off, and you're done.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I can't get the disable Edge tweak to work in my VM. I ran the reg file, and Edge autostarted. I disabled in GPO, and it still autostarts!
What's up with that?
Win10 x64 1809 Enterprise

Hi shmu26, I have a question. With NVTOSArmor, my test to disable Edge is failing again, Edge is stubbornly opening despite ticking it in the configurator. If I restart the machine (shouldn't have to), then Edge is rightfully blocked. Internet Explorer, on the other hand, is blocked w/out restarting, it's also slightly slower. Did you want to stop Edge from opening altogether? Edge seems to be trickier than other Windows features to disable.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi shmu26, I have a question. With NVTOSArmor, my test to disable Edge is failing again, Edge is stubbornly opening despite ticking it in the configurator. If I restart the machine (shouldn't have to), then Edge is rightfully blocked. Internet Explorer, on the other hand, is blocked w/out restarting, it's also slightly slower. Did you want to stop Edge from opening altogether? Edge seems to be trickier than other Windows features to disable.
I just wanted to prevent Edge from autostarting and running in the background.
As for your OSA problem, you could try making a custom block rule for Edge, and if you enter a path for it, use * to replace the random characters in the path.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.