Troubleshoot Windows 10 UPDATE "We couldn't connect to the update service.

Red-ufo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2017
Windows 10 We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet.

Apparently Microsoft servers have been down for several days now.
I updated to the latest version 1809 about 3 days ago, I thought It messed up the update settings In Windows 10.

L

Local Host

Check your time settings, it happens rarely that you lose connection to the Microsoft Time Servers and your clock is wrongly set, which can cause some issues.

Although 3 days, should have been fixed by now. Microsoft Servers seem to be working fine here, but there could be a problem with Servers in your region (who knows).

Upvote 0

Red-ufo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2017
I used Google Public DNS to change both DNS settings,
restarted the router,
checked windows 10 update was working,
then changed It back to obtain automatic DNS,
checked again windows 10 update was working,
restarted Windows 10,
then checked windows 10 update once more was working.

Upvote 0

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Upvote 0

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
@Azure Phoenix I have reached the point where I am actively avoiding using my Windows laptop. All I hear and read about is yet another vulnerability or yet another bug. I am having audio and network issues. Microsoft has broken the most basic functions of an OS. I can't wait for my Chromebook to arrive on Monday.

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

@Azure Phoenix I have reached the point where I am actively avoiding using my Windows laptop. All I hear and read about is yet another vulnerability or yet another bug. I am having audio and network issues. Microsoft has broken the most basic functions of an OS. I can't wait for my Chromebook to arrive on Monday.
I hate bias,
Oddly enough, some tried to install other operating systems, like Linux Mint and Ubuntu, only to discover that they were experiencing update issues as well, which once again potentially signals a network issue caused by the ISP and not by Microsoft’s servers.
As you can see the problem goes beyond Windows, but haters gonna hate.

Upvote 0

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I hate bias,

As you can see the problem goes beyond Windows, but haters gonna hate.
Oh don't worry. I always thought that the Ubuntu update model was terrible. Feature updates should come every 2 years after enough testing. Besides Microsoft is not a little startup that depends on donations. They fired their entire QA team and Windows 10 has gone downhill ever since.

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Oh don't worry. I always thought that the Ubuntu update model was terrible. Feature updates should come every 2 years after enough testing. Besides Microsoft is not a little startup that depends on donations. They fired their entire QA team and Windows 10 has gone downhill ever since.
MSFT is following reverse of Ubuntu. Everybody use Long term version targeted for Spring as in Spring Cleaning while MSFT delivers LTSC during Fall and Holiday season. Perfect recipe for disaster.

Reactions: DeepWeb
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.