Windows 10's June 'Patch Tuesday' updates rolling out now (1803,1809, 1903, 1909 and 2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James246

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
Yes same here by far the slowest update I have ever experienced (like wading through treacle) , for those of you yet to experience it - be prepared for a one hell of a long haul.

This update was like childbirth, excruciatingly slow and buggy, but finished without apparent issues. This was probably the worst update I've ever experienced. I rarely criticize M$ but the bloat just continues on and on, and on ...

@Marko :) The one really nice feature is the the cloud reset. It will make life easier for many users.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I would't rely on any Windows roil back under any circumstances - I image very regularly and as my Windows image is under 12 GIG its a matter of a few minutes to image back if there are issues as all data is kept on separate/partitions/drives - I use Diss + + to reduce winsxs folder/cleanup - I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but it's not caused me many problems in many months maybe much longer - I run it every month or so - Works fine for me - You can also use a command in CMD.

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
A bug has been fixed in AVG and Avast security applications that set registry keys that blocked applications from running in Windows 10.

This past week, Windows 10 users began to complain [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] that they were unable to launch Microsoft Office and other applications in Windows 10.

When attempting to do so, they were shown a message similar to "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WORD.EXE'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again," as shown below.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
With updates paused AND a metered connection, I downloaded the SSU and June CU from Windows Catalog and installed them manually to see if things went faster than the usual 2 hours for updates on a low-spec 1909 laptop here. Excluding the download (which I did on an Android tablet), the installation took 35 min., including reboot, and went smoothly.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I agree: 2004 is a hot mess right now. But 1909 was awesome, I thought.

It's baffling why this mess couldn't pick up where 1909 left off. It's like all that telemetry we Insiders were providing ahead of time made not one jot of difference. The same bugs that were actually FIXED in later Insider builds are back plus all their friends and neighbors. Disgusting. :rolleyes:

I do believe, however, that enabling Full telemetry during the first few days of 2004 was helpful in reducing errors and other problems. For example: the initial cascades of ESENT 642 warnings in Event Viewer decreased markedly-- I'm only getting 2 or 3 a day now. I know: telemetry is a four-letter word. But it's beneficial in some limited contexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.