New Update Windows 11 is getting these new features in March 2023 Moment 2 update

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
AMD has issued a warning to its graphics card customers that updating Radeon Software could cause severe issues and brick Windows installation in an "extremely small number of instances." The statement confirmed multiple user reports circulating the internet over the last few weeks.

According to AMD, using the "Factory Reset" option when updating Radeon Software causes the Inaccessible Boot Driver error, rendering the entire operating system completely bricked. The company says the issue occurs when the user updates the driver while installing Windows updates, such as the recently released Moment 2 update. Therefore, AMD recommends not using the Factory Reset option and ensuring Windows Update is not operating before installing a new driver.

We have reproduced an issue that can occur in an extremely small number of instances if a PC update occurs during the installation of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, and we are actively investigating. We recommend users ensure all system updates are applied or paused before installing the driver, and that the “Factory Reset” option is unchecked during the AMD driver installation process. We are committed to resolve issues as quickly as possible and strongly encourage users to submit issues with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition via the Bug Report Tool.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft formally announces family support on Windows 11 after Moment 2 lands
Although it has been over a year since Microsoft released Windows 11, the original release (version 21H2), Microsoft had not formally published any guidance for those with family features set up who were upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. However, the company is finally making that amendment as earlier today, the Redmond giant updated its previous Windows 10 upgrade page for family feature setup to now include Windows 11 as well.

The new page with the added mention of Windows 11 titled "Fix family features after Windows 10/11 upgrade" reads:
If you had previously set up family features for a child account and then upgraded to Windows 10/11, there are a few steps you need to take to turn on family settings again. Your child will need to sign in to Windows 10/11 with a Microsoft account, and then you'll need to add that account to your family group at family.microsoft.com.

This was certainly a long time overdue and perhaps the firm felt the need to do this now as Windows 11 22H2 Moment 2 update will be available to all very soon via Patch Tuesday tomorrow. There is no change in the set-up process though and involves the Microsoft account (MSA). You can follow the steps in the official guide here on Microsoft's site.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Although it has already been over two weeks, and in fact, very close to three weeks, after Microsoft released its Moment 2 feature update, the company it seems had missed adding a few important release notes to the changelog. Microsoft has since quietly added those changes to the changelog of the Moment 2 preview update (KB5022913).

In addition to the changes and improvements already stated, Microsoft says it has also resolved an issue on Windows 11 22H2 where 32-bit applications would fail automatic updates. A bug in Excel related to hyperlinking has also been fixed. Alongside these, a registry size issue has also been addressed.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Unfortunately no, I have not found a solution for the issue so far. :(
If memory serves me right, the last Tuesday update caused issues with third party software that altered the original windows GUI, I looked back in my content and I didn't post about it, if I can find it elsewhere, I'll put it in this thread.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.