Serious Discussion Everything about Windows 12 - Release date and Rumors

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
With all Windows versions starting with 7, I just run StartDock Start 7 or Start 10. I have not used the new Windows UI since I don't care for it. All I care about is what's inside and not what's outside. I am used to the old Windows UI so I just use it, and extra $5 to customize the windows to your liking is not much and yet you get all the benefits that come with the new generation of enhancements and streamlining's that come with each windows iteration.
I've used various 'Start' add-ons for similar reasons, and I doubt whether we'll be unlikely to not need them in the near future either for similar reasons. MS seems to like telling us about their new bling to get us to use it before what is under the hood actually works like its claimed to, bells and whistles and shiny new things attract some. It sounds like we're similar in wanting the guts to do as intended instead. Its a way of getting a lot more unwitting 'beta' testers onboard who were not so inclined to take on the type of role that the 'insiders' signed up for with the pre-full release testing. Monthly updates can still make me feel like a 'beta' tester (are you reading this Satya Nadella?). There are undoubtedly some good intentions and implementations that come with each Windows version release, 11 didn't swing it for me particularly, like 8 didn't, but I'm hopeful that 12 might.I'm not a great believer in the theory that MS have a cycle of one good, one bad OS release, but 7 & 10 were nearer the mark in my view

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Japanese maniacs are rumored to have a rule that Windows with good reviews will be announced at intervals of one generation after xp.
xp-7-10

So I expect 田12.
Yes. It's like Star Trek Movies, actually :) It's nice to discuss a new version of Windows but I wouldn't expect a new release before Windows 11 is around 4 or 5 years old. It was 6 years between Windows 10 and 11, for instance.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Yes. It's like Star Trek Movies, actually :) It's nice to discuss a new version of Windows but I wouldn't expect a new release before Windows 11 is around 4 or 5 years old. It was 6 years between Windows 10 and 11, for instance.
I don't think I'd have spotted the parallels between Win versions and Star Trek movies. (y)

Last edited:

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
This whole windows every 2 years now reminds me of something.

Oh yeah.

images.jpeg

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Windows runs on all kinds of devices, from high-end workstations and gaming PCs down to low-cost and low-powered education PCs designed to be as affordable as possible at the cost of power and performance. The Windows ecosystem is vast, so it makes no sense that currently, Windows serves a “one product fits all” strategy.
With Windows 12, we think Microsoft should start adjusting Windows as a product depending on the hardware you’re trying to run it on. If you are running Windows 12 on a low-end Chromebook-compete device, it should scale to serve that hardware best. Does a low-cost education-focused PC need the Widgets Panel? Phone Link? Xbox integrations? Probably not. Let’s pull those out and save valuable storage space on PCs where it makes sense. This could even extend to the app compatibility layer. Not all users and devices need the full breadth of app compatibility. If Microsoft could scale app support between “full,” which would include everything Windows runs today, all the way down to nothing but web apps. This could help low-cost devices, especially in the ARM space, that are designed to act as a portal to the internet.

waiting...
Title Waiting by Frank Delargy.jpg
Photo by Frank Delargy

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
will microsoft remove the requirement tpm
leave the tpm (it prevents the company from making a profit)...
I have a laptop with TPM 2.0, yet it won't accept windows 11, I bought this laptop in 2018. Only I don't worry about windows 11 have windows 10 that goes until October 2025 and I have another machine running linux mint, so that one day when I adapt I can't depend too much on windows.;)

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
will microsoft remove the requirement tpm
leave the tpm (it prevents the company from making a profit)...
I feel like so no obv or maybe

I have a laptop with TPM 2.0, yet it won't accept windows 11, I bought this laptop in 2018. Only I don't worry about windows 11 have windows 10 that goes until October 2025 and I have another machine running linux mint, so that one day when I adapt I can't depend too much on windows.;)
@piquiteco You can install it on your unsupported hardware with Rufus

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I feel like so no obv or maybe

@piquiteco You can install it on your unsupported hardware with Rufus
I know that from Rufus, then you are bypassing the requirements of windows 11, obeying the requirements of w11 imposed by microsoft, you can not install w11. I wonder if anyone bets or risks to say how many years W11 will take to pass W10, in the amount of users? become the most popular and used OS in the world? I don't risk saying

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.