Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Gets past loading files and freezes at "starting windows "
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried different disks and different versions of the software. Also ran mem checks and all clean.
This is getting quite bad and been like this for a while.

Any help is much appreciated.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I had similar problem with one of my system. later I found the hard disk had bad sectors.

Try

1. Check HDD for bad sectors
2. Using a new installation disk. If possible install from USB Drive. Many times because of bad CD/DVD or CD?DVD drives it may happen.

best of luck.

Reactions: avast! Protection
Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I just downloaded a feash iso and tried 3 other iso'a i have already nothing :(

How do i set it up for usb?

Also Wouldn't work with XP which is what the computer was originally on. Said boot manager was missing?

Tried with vista and it had the blue crash screen saying i need to try a memory check. which i have done and nothing was wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I just downloaded a feash iso and tried 3 other iso'a i have already nothing :(

How do i set it up for usb?

It's very easy. I use Ultra ISO ( free to do that).

Steps as follows
1. Insert USB disk ( must be atleast 4 GB).
2. Open Ultra ISO
3. Go to File > Open > Select your ISO.
4. Now go to Bootable > Write Disk Image > Write ( This will format the USB disk)

Once USB bootable is written, shut down your system, go to BIOS and select USB drive as bootable and start Installing. make sure you are not using the USB installation disk in USB 3.0 port. It sometimes throws error when you try with USB SS 3.0

Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Could it be that i formatted it wrong? ( The HDD? )

A little more info is that the computer was so riddled with viruses that i had to manually format the HDD.

Could it be the fan? The noise from it is so quiet considering its an old compuiter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

MalwareT

Use Rufus and format disk to FAT32.Do like in picture below:

2014-10-13_174740.jpg

Reactions: software182
Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I don't even get to the language selection screen it seems to skip them all together.

All it does it " loading files " then starting windows appears and it freezes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Hey, I tried a brand new HDD and sata cable both were no difference. Could you elaborate on changing the sata port?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hey, I tried a brand new HDD and sata cable both were no difference. Could you elaborate on changing the sata port?

Thanks

Check few more things
1. Check whether your power supply ( SMPS) is working fine. For few motherboards you can check this within BIOS for other you need to install software.
2. Check whether overheating problem is there. Make sure processor fan is working fine.

Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Just reset BIOS and nothing. now to try Heirens.

EDIT: Heirens worked im in mini XP

EDIT: EDIT: Now im lost and have no idea what to do. My local disk is the H drive does that matter?

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I put the HDd in a different computer and now it is installing. Still no ideas what's wrong.

Edit:n False alarm not working in new computer as well.

EDIT: OMG the microsoft expert heard the word virus and that was it. The virus did it. The virus did it. I think i give up on microsoft. Apparently it edited my RAM and HDD config which has stayed with a format and brand new install.

I'm about to give up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.