Battle Windows 7: MSE, Bitdefender, Zemana, Norton or Malwarebytes?

Ashish kumar

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2017
i recently got attacked by the popular microsoft/Dsq folder malware proxy changer to remove it i used zemana and some proxy settings too remove the virus doesn't remove till we don't change proxy settings. so i dont wanna be attacked again so please suggest me a perfect antivirus for my pc i have MSE installed but it seems to be useless and i have Zemana too but Zemana is too light i think so please suggest me a good antivirus!(Windows 7)
thank you!

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
For free:AVAST,F-secure light. Q360
if you have money and you want to waste it: Kasper sky, Emsisoft,dr.web.TrendMicro, F-secure...
if you know how to deal with pop-ups and question: Comodo IS, voodoo shield,APPGUARD
search the forum you will find your answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
For free:AVAST,F-secure light. Q360

Avast :). Avast is the only fully powered a-v of the free options imo. Bitdefender is great sigs and good otherwise while 360 substitutes behavior blocks in lieu of the Avast style heuristics and cloud analysis. 360 is very good overall, but the ads are unbearable honestly. Have to find an exe blocker just to shut down promoutil.exe.

By itself Avast free a-v can do a good job, but I would add script/command line monitoring in the form of NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro. It's free and uses whitelisting so you only have to approve things once. Wildcards are supported too for command lines if you are familiar with using them. Not hard to learn.

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Since you're on windows 7 I don't recomend you use signature protection. I recommend you use Comodo free with all its features. HIPS, Firewall, Auto-Containment, VirusScope, and Website Filtering. I would also use VoodooShield if you are tech savy. If you are going to pay for something, buy Hitmanpro Alert. I'm suprised there are still viruses for Win 7... Good luck!

Reactions: Ashish kumar

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For free: A combination like Voodoshield and an Antivirus like Avast Free or Avira Free can help to extend the protection capabilities.

Windows Defender is a pure basic static Antivirus which a high chance your computer may be infected depends on your risk level.

-------------------
Norton Security is another good choice with optimum protection from signatures and cloud + SONAR (Behavior analysis) however for such maximum efficiency you may go to Qihoo 360, Kaspersky or even Emsisoft.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
" best antivirus? MSE? BD? NORTON? ZEMANA? MALWAREBYTES? "

to me it seems wayward.

you seek the best anti-virus but limit your options by shortlisting five of your own choice, two of which are second opinion scanners.

i have MSE installed but it seems to be useless

if you have already reached the conclusion that mse is useless why list it in your given choices ?

i have Zemana too but Zemana is too light i think

:eek: light is good right ? or am i missing something here ? am assuming you mean light on your system.

Reactions: MalwareTracker

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
MalwareBytes AntiMalware: Use it only for cleaning PUP-s. It has in the last time a very low detection rate.
Zemana AntiMalware: Is more like an second opinion scanner but you can use Zemana alongside with an HIPS. Find a giveaway code in the forum for a gratis free one year version including the realtime scanner.
"Zemana is too light". I hope you don't mean Zemana AntiMalware PORTABLE. What virus did you had on your computer?

I would prefer Comodo Firewall with @cruelsister settings.

Ashish kumar

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2017
" best antivirus? MSE? BD? NORTON? ZEMANA? MALWAREBYTES? "

to me it seems wayward.

you seek the best anti-virus but limit your options by shortlisting five of your own choice, two of which are second opinion scanners.

if you have already reached the conclusion that mse is useless why list it in your given choices ?

:eek: light is good right ? or am i missing something here ? am assuming you mean light on your system.
I was just asking which is the best antivirus to get me on my pc again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashish kumar

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2017
All posts must be made in English with proper spelling and punctuation.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware: Use it only for cleaning PUP-s. It has in the last time a very low detection rate.
Zemana AntiMalware: Is more like an second opinion scanner but you can use Zemana alongside with an HIPS. Find a giveaway code in the forum for a gratis free one year version including the realtime scanner.
"Zemana is too light". I hope you don't mean Zemana AntiMalware PORTABLE. What virus did you had on your computer?

I would prefer Comodo Firewall with @cruelsister settings.
the virus i had on my pc was egg.guard trojan in microsoft folder it changed my ip address to virus one so whenever i remove those infected files after restart connecting to internet virus just came back so as now i've resolved the problem now i am looking for an antivirus to maximize malware and other viruses protection. i don't want virus again! .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: brod56

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
i havn't given you choices in this bro like i was just asking which is the best antivirus to get me on my pc again!

why list five products specifically if you want an unbiased recommendation for the best antivirus ? two of which you doubt yourself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.