Advice Request Windows 8.1 Download Links Needed..

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I friends I want to install windows 8.1 in my VB so I wanted an official ISO link to download and use. Do any one know it. And It must not ask for the serial during the installation at the beginning. Please let me know the links..

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Will it ask for the serial at first during/before installation?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
The Media Creation Tool should not ask for a product key.

See @songoku316 2nd link, or How to Activate your Copy of Windows 8 or 8.1 with a Genuine License Key
I have a Win 8.1 ISO which was used to upgrade my Win 8. If I try to install the iso to a virtual box it asks for serial. So I was curious to know what would be the solution for it. Now I found one myself without downloading anything again.
>I extracted the iso file to a folder.
>Further I saw a guide on making the Win 8.1 Image to not enter the product key, the solution was to add a file called ei.cfg in the source folder.
>Hence further I made a bootable iso with the created custom Win 8.1 image, now the installation is going on.

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.