Troubleshoot Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 10 Tech preview Doul booting Time problems

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Time always changes when i switch to windows 10 x64 or back to windows 8.1 x64. like something like 10:34am when its really 2:34pm
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have not taken any steps or nothing. although i do remember i fix from doul booting from linux to windows 8.1 x64 and time did same thing. It was a registry fix tho . and i think when i did sfc /scannow thats when i got the on error i had im not sure tho if that was the cuase.
HI MT Members i need some help when i dual boot from windows 8.1 x64 and windows 10 tech x64. the Time always changes for some reason if anyone knows a fix to help me out id be very grateful

Thank u

minime

Level 1
Jun 21, 2013
You probably refer to this registry fix. It is working when you dual-boot Windows and Linux, but I never heard of such a time problem between Windows 10 & Windows 8.1. Is your local time actually UTC+4?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello try to set them on same time zone you have and since both Windows actually using synchronizing method to obtain updated time based on configuration of time zone itself.

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Hello try to set them on same time zone you have and since both Windows actually using synchronizing method to obtain updated time based on configuration of time zone itself.

What do u mean by this obtain updated time based on configuration of time zone itself.

OK i will Check again to see if i have them set right. And let u both know. I'm pretty sure the time zone are both set the same

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What do u mean by this obtain updated time based on configuration of time zone itself.

OK i will Check again to see if i have them set right. And let u both know. I'm pretty sure the time zone are both set the same

By checking the time zone which automatically set the updated time already and try also the registry fix if it will work also.

Upvote 0

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Time changes to what? In case it changes just few hours then mostly your Timezone settings are not same in both the years.

In case time changes to more than few days ( usually starting of a year like 01.01.2012), then probably the battery in your system's motherboard died. You need to change that.

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
OK so here is a screenshot of the right time.
h1vr8ju.png

Now when i go in to Windows 10 Wrong time

F7G2NS7.png

I did some updates and then went to the time settings and updated the time and it fixed it to the right time. But I'm sure if i go back it will be wrong so I'm confused on this

Now booted back in to Windows 8.1 x64 with the wrong time

lMZ8AiV.png

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Try this into both Windows if it will work on this issue.

lifehacker.com/5742148/fix-windows-clock-issues-when-dual-booting-with-os-x

Did u have to do this with Windows 8.1 and windows 10. I mean i shouldn't have to do that right. I will do it to see if it works but that wont be a proper fix tho.

U think anything in Bios to check for

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Hmmm that was werid RealTimeIsUniversal was already set and in linux to the times where still changing. something is off. So i delted the RealTimeIsUniversal. I will see if it works now

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
OK so i have some good news. But i still don't understand it. but the times are working somehow

I found this and did these things on Windows 8.1 x64

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-time-service-not-working-synchronization-fails-error

We will use the /register parameter. This parameter, when run for W32tm.exe, registers the time service to run as a service and adds the default configuration to the registry.

To do so, in an elevated command prompt, type these commands one after the other and hit Enter:

1. net stop w32time
  2. w32tm /unregister
  3. w32tm /register

So after i did this i went to services.msc and the Windows Time was set to Manual. Shows that it was Stopped so i hit the start button then booted in to Windows 10. Time is fine now its set to Automatic tho not sure if that's correct Time thing its supposed to be

vKQNtoJ.png

SO after this i booted back to Windows 8.1 x64 and the time was right

2S7uakI.png

The service tho shows stopped tho so im not sure if that's how it is supposed to be.

As far as this point everything is working I will go back in to windows 10 in an hour and back in windows 8.1 and see if the times are still right.

But can anybody confirm the Windows Time in Services.msc and tell me what yours is set to to make sure mines is right

Thank u hope this helps u guys out to help me out thank u

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
OK so sorry it was more then an hour its Today :D OK so i went to check the times to see if they where still working right and what do i get from Windows 10 Tech preview.

5xTIZmz.jpg

And that was on my SSD 128 Samsung 850 pro to. Any help on this on what happend alls i did was shutdown my pc and turned it on today and went in there shows this. Windows 10 LOL. What should i do Erase it and start all over reinstall it

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
@ImtheBest: Seems another isolated problem, try to system restore it. So the time problem is already work consistently?

Well i seem to have fixed the blue screen. it wouldn't let me push any buttens it just flashes. I manged to stwich the SATA plugs down under neath in different slots. And Windows 10 worked again. werid. idk if its cuz of the marvael connector i had to use it for the hitche drive in bios i set it but it was also using it for the samsung SSD drive not sure why.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.