Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The long wait is finally over as an early build of Windows 8 has leaked. The leak has been posted on a Betaarchive private FTP site and has been confirmed by several reputable sources that it is indeed a legitimate build. Currently the build is not availbe for mass public consumption but it will be posted to a public torrent tracking website in the next few hours.

The build that has leaked is 6.1.7850.0.winmain_win8m1.100922-1508_x86fre_client-enterprise_en-us.iso and is the the final M1 and the last 6.1 build. Currently the build is not available as a public torrent but will be posted to be shared on The Pirate Bay in a few hours.

Link

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cannot comment for that, however comments told that the build is six months old.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Cannot comment for that, however comments told that the build is six months old.
I predict that it will be almost a clone of Windows 7 considering how early it is.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
If they release Windows 8 in the next year it will be a fail...people just got used with Windows 7, in fact their are still people who use XP .....
As for this "leak" i bet it's just a cheap imitation of Windows 7.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the picture from the link was there and right its a clone like windows 7, according to the comment also features on that build may not yet include like smart screen filter, built PDF reader and others.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've manage to get my hands on : Windows 8 Build 7850
The build was compiled on 22nd September 2010 and is the Milestone 1 build.
This leak is quite old (~6 Months) - It dosen't have have anything fancy into it : new setup UI, the new Welcome Screen and the new Aero Basic UI.
Indeed, it's very similar to a stock Windows 7 - the only major change is the Windows Live integration in the superbar.

Well maybe in the next leaks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.