Guide | How To Windows 8 Consumer Preview Keyboard Shortcuts

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
PCWorld said:
The Windows 8 Consumer Preview is now available for public download, and it offers a very different experience from what Windows users are accustomed to. However, while the operating system is optimized for touchscreen input, that doesn't mean Microsoft forgot about users who are confined to traditional keyboards and mice.

In fact, the Windows 8 Consumer Preview supports a ton of keyboard shortcuts to help make input and interaction a little easier. Some of the new shortcuts are touchscreen-related, such as pressing Windows-O to lock the orientation of the device, while others relate to new features, such as pressing Windows-C to open the Charms bar.

Read More and Keyboard Shortcuts Chart

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for this. Bookmarked. Will use this whenever I try Windows 8. Cheers.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Good list but just like in Windows 7 , I'll most likely use only the very popular ones , you know.. copy/paste/select all..... :)
Anyway I don't think I'll install Windows 8 on my machines as at this time doesn't seem to fit for desktop use...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This would be really a big adjustment for anyone who tested the Consumer Preview caused they were in the gap that familiarize on the keyboard shortcuts from the previous OS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.