Advice Request Windows 8 Doesn’t Steal Windows 7’s Thunder, Its Market Share Doubles in 1 Year

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Windows 7’s market share has more than doubled in the past year alone, indicating that the operating system’s strong uptake momentum has not slowed down even a bit.

According to statistics from Internet metrics company Net Applications, Windows 7’s usage share was measured at 27.13% at the end of June 2011.

A year ago, Windows Vista’s successor had climbed as high as 13.70% usage share on the operating system market, as revealed in a report from June 2010.

read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 7 will be continuous to increase even Windows 8 will be official release. While in Vista was also continuous to be decrease from from 10% now its 9% means more people migrate to Windows 7.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Windows 7 will be continuous to increase even Windows 8 will be official release. While in Vista was also continuous to be decrease from from 10% now its 9% means more people migrate to Windows 7.

lot people will still use windows 7 until 2 years later or even more ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows 7 has got a lot of positive feedback compared to Vista. It's also shipped with new computers, so it will continue to grow.

Windows 8 is still a few years away.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
stormgtr said:
Windows 7 has got a lot of positive feedback compared to Vista. It's also shipped with new computers, so it will continue to grow.

i thought, windows 8 will final release on early 2013 :)
maybe, windows 7 continue and still use lot people in 4-5 years again, like XP do many years and until now (even few people still use it) :cool:

G

Guest28

I'm hoping windows 7 will be a long lasting OS. But once comes windows 8. I will be upgrading my self.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I'm going to be staying on Win7 probably long after Win8 has been released, I'm not impressed with it at all so far, but we'll see.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
stormgtr said:

April 2012 is very close:p ... How popular will Windows 8 be..it all depends on the marketing it will have.Windows 7 wasn't a cheap OS so not many will like the fact that after 2 or 3 years they need to pay again for an OS. (XP legacy)
Microsoft will put some serious money in promoting Windows 8.... and we should also expect a ton of articles in which W7 will be bashed.Titles like : Windows 7 major security holes! Update now! will be everywere! ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes from vulnerability in the future, of course Windows 8 will be least than Windows 7.

Like before Windows 7 have least vulnerability since its a latest OS than Vista and XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.