windows 8 mobile certificates invalid?

Dan E

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
Question, I have a windows 8 nokia Lumia 830 I use for my windows platform game I play so I can help my team at anytime/anywhere givin the situation. Now here recently I found my memory internally on the phone running high. So browsing through , I found that there is a half dozen or so invalid certificates from microsoft expired many years ago or invalid. Microsoft does not let you manage the certificates within your phone, only the service provider for the windows market device is allowed to do so , preventing developers from signing their certificates. So from my understanding is these certificates give the apps elevated rights and so on . Not sure how they ended up there with some dating back to early 2000's and so on and how to get rid of them. Any ideas?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Usually invalid certificates are due to the date/time where you must set to the proper configuration.

Or..

Delete your Microsoft Account on Windows 8 Mobile and re-create again to refresh it up.

Those issues may not be totally a big risk however it can be annoyed from various browsing or even syncing that blocks the operation due to invalid certificates.

link

Reactions: Dan E

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.