Advice Request Windows 8 Privacy?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devial

Thread author
Mar 6, 2011
What do you think in general?

Something i considered as a bad one, is kill switch integrated in windows 8: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400985,00.asp

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From what I understand, it only affects Apps downloaded from the App Store, or is there something more severe that I'm not reading?

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
“Kill switches” have become a standard part of most mobile operating systems. Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and Google each have the ability to remotely delete malicious applications from users’ devices without permission. With the launch Windows 8 later this year, millions of computers will receive similar functionality for the first time according to Bloomberg. Microsoft hasn’t spoken publicly about Windows 8′s inclusion of the feature, having only confirmed to Bloomberg that it will have the ability to remotely delete or update applications downloaded through the Windows 8 app store. Any software installed from a flash drive, DVD or through a Web browser will remain outside of Microsoft’s reach.
LINK
Devial said:

Something i considered as a bad one, is kill switch integrated in windows 8: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400985,00.asp

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Devial said:

I don't like the fact that it's tied so closely to a Windows Live account, but that's not really a huge deal in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.