Advice Request Windows 8 to reduce update restarts

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Windows users who hate having to reboot their computers after a new update is installed may find some relief in Windows 8.

msrestart_1.jpg

Microsoft aims to curb annoying restarts.
(Credit: Microsoft)
Link: Read more.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
if Microsoft did it with Reduced update restarts. it might be better. we'll see, when windows 8 was released.
we needed restart Windows after installing windows updates, Because windows service (file system) and other programs still work and need to be stopped (restarted)
and, by the way, I restarted the laptop it did not matter to me. The important thing is; windows update is installed correctly.

thanks for info mclovin :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's a better step for Microsoft since there is no reason of so many restarts just to apply the effect of the updates and make the task more easier when updates were less restarts.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Good move from Microsoft. Updating and restarting was never a hassle for me though. I'd immediately restart after updating.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Good news. I hope it comes with many other improvements. And the most important thing is the compatibility with our current PC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.