Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As with previous releases it looks as Microsoft will once again be offering an upgrade offer for those purchasing a Windows 7 computer in the months leading up to the release of Windows 8. And the rumored cost for that upgrade is just $14.99.

According to CNET, Microsoft is to offer a Windows 8 upgrade promotion over the next few months. Anyone buying a machine running Windows 7 Home Basic or higher will be given a coupon allowing them to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro after it hits retail. The offer is expected to begin around the beginning of June and, according to a further report on Windows SuperSite, cost an extra $14.99. So not quite but almost free.

This date is expected to coincide with the unveiling of the Windows 8 Release Candidate. It also means Windows 8 remains on target to hit retail around October.

Source

What will come in Windows 8 Pro?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So this deal is available only for those who will buy Windows 7 from now on right?
I won't be able to update with only 15$ ... ?

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
If they wanted to make everyone happy they would extend it to not only new pc sales but to software purchases of windows 7 as well. I won't be updating, but would be nice to have a cheap upgrade if I were to change my mind.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a big cost for anyone bought a new laptop under Windows 7 when few months to be release for Windows 8. (As its add additional cost)

Unless the laptop was bought last several years.

So its better to buy a laptop with Windows 8 thus to save more money.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They had (free?) Windows 7 upgrades with Windows Vista laptops, before it was released.

I think this upgrades for the Pro version of the 3 Windows 8 releases (Normal, Pro and RT).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.