Windows 8 UX Pack

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows 8 UX Pack will theme your Windows 7 desktop with the latest available Windows 8 User Experience. 8UXP includes Windows 8 Login Screen, Themes, Wallpapers, UserTile and much more.

The latest 8UXP version is 1.0 released on June 11th, 2011.

Version 1.0 Features:

M3 user interface for installation/configuration
One-click installation/configuration
UxStyle memory patching
Windows 8 Aero Glass or Lite theme
Instant M2 and M3 wallpaper/logon screen customization
UserTile with current user/wallpaper auto configured on login

Link

The above has been approved by elliotcroft.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I remember that MrXidus made a video on Windows 8 Transformation Pack and he used this UX Pack.

D

Deleted member 178

will it uses some significant amount of RAM? Will it be uninstalled easily like any themes? will it creates conflicts or will it be disabled by new windows updates?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I tried a theme pack in the past and it caused too many problems. Missing icons, shortcut links, thumbnails, mess up my display settings, etc.

I recommend to make a backup image of your hard drive before installing any theme packs because System Restore did not solve all of my problems. I had to restore an backup image.

Thanks.:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i love windows 7 with default themes. and i don't need modify in system files for customize windows.
simple tweak and high performance is all i need :)

I

illumination

win7holic said:
i love windows 7 with default themes. and i don't need modify in system files for customize windows.
simple tweak and high performance is all i need :)

Agree completely with you, simplified and blazing fast is the best way! :D

D

Deleted member 178

yep, before i installed a full glass theme, everything was transparent from the contextual menu to the main windows and even the task manager, but the resources usages was...huge !

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
and, i can make my windows 7 transparent without any 3rd party themes, just advanced setting.

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
and, i can make my windows 7 transparent without any 3rd party themes, just advanced setting.

no you cant make it all totally transparent with just Win settings, when i mean transparent all the apps are transparent too

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since last year Windows 8 UX Pack was existed. So far the latest/current version v4.0.

What's new in 8UXP v4.0
Fixed permission problems in some programs that perform changes in Program Files
Updated component UI font to Tahoma and info font to Segoe UI
Updated Newgen to version 8.0
Updated Newgen UI to match with Windows 8 Consumer Preview
Updated start orb graphics to new Windows 8 flag
Updated wallpapers to Windows 8 Consumer Preview ones
Unchecked 'Aero's auto-colorization (Vista/7) only' feature to get Windows 8's default colorization

Link

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My friend from Al-Khobar used Windows 8 UX Pack and his thoughts that its a bit hard from navigating and consumes 9,000k from task manager.

So likely if the first time user uses Windows 8 may experience confusion due to the change environment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.