Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

A month ago, Neowin was able to exclusively reveal that virtual desktops would be coming to Windows 9 - and if there was any doubt about that, it can safely be put to bed today.

The folks over at Winfuture.de, a German Windows site, have gotten their hands on a build and, like the Start menu videos earlier, this one shows off new features. As you can see in the video above, virtual desktops will play a key part of the Windows 9 productivity experience.

By clicking on the multi-desktop icon, it brings up the open desktops and allows you to jump between them. By clicking the appropriate button, you can add a new desktop; it is not clear if there is a cap on the number of desktops that can be added, but the video shows numerous desktops being added without Windows indicating that a limit has been reached.

Microsoft is expected to announce Windows 9 later this month - specifically on September 30th, according to the latest rumors - and when that happens, the entire world will get access to these builds.

Reactions: jen900 and MalwareT
D

Deleted member 21043

I do like it, however without trying myself I cannot say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.