Advice Request Windows defender and Edge strange behaviour

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Yeah.. That was the first time I made this mistake.. At least, disconnecting the Internet immediatly, the worm was unable to share information with the Internet. Now I'm running VS on that PC to prevent people from running malicious files.. In my laptop I always use my VM, there I didn't install it

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
@_cyberGhostT_ Thanks a lot for your help :) Is there anything other I should do about the Internet router? I knew that worms could spread themselves using the router to other connected devices. (at the time of the infection, no other device was connected though). I made a reset to factory settings of my router and re-entared my usual Wi-Fi username and password. The firmaware is up to date

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.