App Review Windows Defender Bypassed | The PC Security Channel

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
BTW, I just tried it on three different up-to-date systems (2 PCs, 1 laptop) with completely different hardware and as Andy showed, the exclusion reading method doesn't work with standard rights on any system that's running Microsoft Defender as the main AV. So, in any sane system, the method is dead 💀 Arguing against it is a waste of time and energy.
Not for Local Host. But, I think that this is the right moment to ignore his posts. I deleted my two last posts. (y)

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Wise decision. I couldn't care less wether his system is vulnerable or not, as long as our system is patched and protected... 😌
Please remember that you use a non-standard setup because the Microsoft patch works for you. As we could read from his posts the standard one is his setup, even if the patch does not work for him. It would be hard to continue the dispute with someone who thinks so.:)

DrSnake09

Jul 14, 2018
Anti-cheat vs AV? I'm not sure that is a good comparison. 😉
You forget that hackers focus on companies and rarely target inviduals, so hardened WD is overkill for most users.
Yes, is the same but with different contexts.

Anti-Cheat? What it is? Just a software doing wallhack, aimbot? How is created Cheats? From Hackers which have programming skills to do it.
Make the comparison choose anti-cheat like GameGuard or Blackbox Anti-Cheat they can be easily bypassed for people who have skills programming and doing reverse engineering.

For Anti-Cheats like VAC, GameGuard the default and easiers, is just a question of time. You check those game are full with hackers, cheaters doing everything and wasting time with players who wants to play fair.

The same happens with Virus, there are Hackers who wants to penetrate your system for FUN only, you heard right for FUN, most of them are Skids, those Skids when they know you are using ONLY Windows Defender, they can use a free crypter will work for some or couple days to do anything with any computer infected.

If the skid see that someone is using Kaspersky and have knowledge his job or his "attemp" to hacking you will be difficult if not hard. Still possible? Yes.
However WD is a JOKE, if a professional hacker want to penetrate and hacking you they will do it so easily and guess what? WD won't detect and won't know where it is running.

Hardening WD you can have good security, but can and still being bypassed lool.
Like I said visit Hacking Forums they laugh about it and also is a joke to create a crypter for WD isn't difficult as you think.
Even a basic Crypter can do it with certain functions and melt functions..

Still believe in the power of WD..
Not to be surprised when you go to house of some friend, colleague, parent and they use WD and you use malwarebytes, hitman pro and is full of rubbish, virus and malware.
If WD is so good why doesn't block mostly of it? Even PUA/PUP software WD left it pass easily.

Any AV can be hacked without much effort by a good hacker. Defender free and system hardening proposed on this forum is not intended to protect against hacking (although it can make it much harder from a remote location). It is intended to protect users against widespread attacks, including scripting and weaponized documents.

I hacked WD several times and still can recommend Defender free as protection at home. Of course, I could also recommend any other popular AV. For home users the differences in protection between Defender free + Edge and other popular AVs are negligible. Of course, the paid products are worth their price, but the protection is not the most important factor for that because most users apply default settings.
WD provides basic security only.
«Defender free and system hardening proposed on this forum is not intended to protect against hacking»

Woow you just admit that WD is not to protect against hacking, so by your words you are saying it is useless.
Nothing new. Seriously. WD can be easily bypassed even hardening or not. For them is a question of time and work.

Even public exploits to bypass is available in Hacking Forums and many more. Just matter of time.
For Kaspersky and harder antivirus is more difficult and is a headache due to their features and good detection and analysis features.

Seriously, why people still telling others WD is enough? Yes is enough for people with know-how, without it you are a fish, when they want to attack you they will.

Keep thinking in that way. In my way I always say the best protection is the user knowledge and the software he uses.
Even a Firewall is better than WD.

«Is intended to protect users from widespread attacks, weaponized documents»
Whaaat? Do you know what you have been said? Who is behind weaponized software or documents? Who is behind widespread attacks? What is the intention behind it?
Locking computers without asking for money or compensation, passwords, money? That is Skids.

Most of those software you mention there is always a hacker behind with a intention, still being a hacking...
Seriously, if WD is not to protect from hacking why you defend them so much? Pure garbage..

WD definitely works, but for basic things. I highly recommend you visit hacking forums and check their opinions, first they will laugh after that they will troll you. Yes mr.protected with WD no one will access your computer with Windows Defender Super Anti-Malware most powerful in the market, then they will hack you and guess what? You are crying in the corner.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

Anti-Cheat? What it is? Just a software doing wallhack, aimbot? How is created Cheats? From Hackers which have programming skills to do it.
Make the comparison choose anti-cheat like GameGuard or Blackbox Anti-Cheat they can be easily bypassed for people who have skills programming and doing reverse engineering.

For Anti-Cheats like VAC, GameGuard the default and easiers, is just a question of time. You check those game are full with hackers, cheaters doing everything and wasting time with players who wants to play fair.

The same happens with Virus, there are Hackers who wants to penetrate your system for FUN only, you heard right for FUN, most of them are Skids, those Skids when they know you are using ONLY Windows Defender, they can use a free crypter will work for some or couple days to do anything with any computer infected.

If the skid see that someone is using Kaspersky and have knowledge his job or his "attemp" to hacking you will be difficult if not hard. Still possible? Yes.
However WD is a JOKE, if a professional hacker want to penetrate and hacking you they will do it so easily and guess what? WD won't detect and won't know where it is running.

Like I said visit Hacking Forums they laugh about it and also is a joke to create a crypter for WD isn't difficult as you think.

Not to be surprised when you go to house of some friend, colleague, parent and they use WD and you use malwarebytes, hitman pro and is full of rubbish, virus and malware.
If WD is so good why doesn't block mostly of it? Even PUA/PUP software WD left it pass easily.

«Defender free and system hardening proposed on this forum is not intended to protect against hacking»

Woow you just admit that WD is not to protect against hacking, so by your words you are saying it is useless.
Nothing new. Seriously. WD can be easily bypassed even hardening or not. For them is a question of time and work.

Even public exploits to bypass is available in Hacking Forums and many more. Just matter of time.
For Kaspersky and harder antivirus is more difficult and is a headache due to their features and good detection and analysis features.

Seriously, why people still telling others WD is enough? Yes is enough for people with know-how, without it you are a fish, when they want to attack you they will.

Keep thinking in that way. In my way I always say the best protection is the user knowledge and the software he uses.

Whaaat? Do you know what you have been said? Who is behind weaponized software or documents? Who is behind widespread attacks? What is the intention behind it?
Locking computers without asking for money or compensation, passwords, money? That is Skids.

Most of those software you mention there is always a hacker behind with a intention, still being a hacking...
Seriously, if WD is not to protect from hacking why you defend them so much? Pure garbage..

WD definitely works, but for basic things. I highly recommend you visit hacking forums and check their opinions, first they will laugh after that they will troll you. Yes mr.protected with WD no one will access your computer with Windows Defender Super Anti-Malware most powerful in the market, then they will hack you and guess what? You are crying in the corner.
What? Maybe you should sit in that same corner and contemplate a sensical post.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017

I want to go home and rethink my life.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
All antiviruses can be bypassed.
This.

Which reminds me of when I once tested Kaspersky against malware, I found malware that bypassed it using shellcode while Windows Defender caught it when it was saved to disk, showing that even supposedly the best can be bypassed.

Even enterprise-grade products can by bypassed, which goes to show how antivirus software are the wrong thing to rely on, proving that default-deny/zero-trust is the way forwards.

Last edited:

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I remember one video about that: you're an average user and presented with a popup asking you to allow or block. You block and the system crashes.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
WD definitely works, but for basic things.

That is my opinion too.

I highly recommend you visit hacking forums and check their opinions, first they will laugh after that they will troll you. Yes mr.protected with WD no one will access your computer with Windows Defender Super Anti-Malware most powerful in the market, then they will hack you and guess what? You are crying in the corner.

You are slightly obsessed with hackers, we don't. Yes, WD will not protect the average guy against hacking and this is true for any AV. If you would bother to check some of my posts and threats you could see that I posted many times about this.

Please, if you want to post about hacking, then open another threat. For example "Why people should protect themselves against hackers and how to do it". You can gather the attention of some people who are interested in such things.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021

I have a feeling that you think that people who like WD worships it like an god, without realizing people use it because its adequate, not because its the best thing in the world, no antivirus provides 100% protection, does some provide better protection than others? Yes, definitely. Third party antiviruses are simply no longer required now that Windows Defender doesnt just use signatures anymore and people are more aware than ever on how to avoid malware in the first place, malware is pretty much nothing to worry about if you just stay to trusted sites and practice caution when opening email links and attachments.

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
It is also good to keep in mind, as @Andy Ful pointed out, that these exploits are usually reserved for attacking high value targets. Home users don’t need to panic about every exploit they hear about. Practicing good internet hygiene will go much farther than any AV in protecting you. The reason this is a problem in organizations is bigger attack surfaces and undertrained users.

DrSnake09

Jul 14, 2018
I have a feeling that you think that people who like WD worships it like an god, without realizing people use it because its adequate, not because its the best thing in the world, no antivirus provides 100% protection, does some provide better protection than others? Yes, definitely. Third party antiviruses are simply no longer required now that Windows Defender doesnt just use signatures anymore and people are more aware than ever on how to avoid malware in the first place, malware is pretty much nothing to worry about if you just stay to trusted sites and practice caution when opening email links and attachments.
I never said that any AV have 100% protection. I never said that and I think @Local Host was understood what I've told here.

If I said that any AV protects you at 100% against all bypass please quote me to be ashamed and humiliated. I guarantee you won't find it saying by me.

"Windows Defender doesnt just use signatures anymore and people are more aware than ever on how to avoid malware"

Yes, sure.. How not laugh with this kind of argument? I can have know-how about that, but I can share my computer with my family and what? They will need to have know-how about what I have? They will be forced to use a VM? They will be forced to analyze a Malware or check which activity it does on our computer? Guess what? Surprise!! NO and NO.

The Windows Defender can still be bypassed easily even with hardening or not, the question here is the method of bypass that's it. You can hardening it at all.
But exploits and vulnerabilities still there, until Microsoft patches it. Until that Malware, Trojans, Keyloggers will still using what is available methods to penetrate WD.

Need to draw? I didn't say that WD is not enough. Certainly is not enough at all. But does the work, not the best or medium but it really does.
But the question and my posts are about HOW EASY is TO BYPASS WD? Is Easy that is my point.

A Simple resuming for you and for everyone here who are "giving smiles in my posts", first you can give smiles or laugh I don't care. I know the black market, I know where the people looks to hacking someone or learning how to do it, I know where is published that things for WD, specially Crypters the first one that is always bypassed easily is Windows Defender wihtout any doubt, if you wrote a commentary in that thread they will say "Is necessary to answer you about WD bypass moron?" that is the answer he gives to anyone that asks for that. With a laugh hardly behind the computer.

1. Kaspersky can be bypassed? Yes. ----> How hard it is for a Skiddie, Low Skilled Hacker, Trollers -----> Not easy my friend, good luck it will give you a headache.
2. BitDefender can be bypassed? Yes ---> Headache, hardly to do it without good or medium skills or paying for it (skids)
3. GData, Emisosoft, ESET can be bypassed? Yes ---> Headache, hardly to do it without good or medium skills or paying for it (skids)
4. All others AV (without WD) can by bypassed? Yes -> Headache, hardly to do it without good or medium skills or paying for it (skids)

**Please McAffee can't enter in this list because is drinking his beautiful coffee everyday of the day and the year, he remains in silent mode.
Should we consider McAffee as antivirus? Well, I consider it a rubbish software installed here wasting my disk space.

Finally
5. Windows Defender can be bypassed? Yes ----> How hard is for any people with bad intentions to it ----------> Easy -------> Why? -------> A lot of public information how to do that, because is the default protection of the system obviously will get attraction, methods and other things. -------> But I will hardening ----> Ohhh darling, you can even Hardening but if they still using a good public or private method they can still bypass you -----------> But... but... but... WD is not to defend against hackers --------> Who does malware? trojans? Keyloggers? Software to spy? Then if is not to protect against virus with bad intentions, let them run in your computer lool if there is no hackers behind a malware / virus why you don't let them running in background instead hardening? (THIS IS TO LAUGH who told that... :cool:) Even a simple Potentially Unwanted Application which collects, gathering data, mining can bypass and WD doesn't identify it mostly times ---> Ohhhh, what I should do? --------> Be skilled, Smart and use your brain to protect yourself, if you have family there install any other AV with more possibilities to block it or install Linux (yes, please don't come with the argument linux can be infected, I know, but the probability is <10%

6j8qr0.jpg

Since WD can be good security and still beeing bypassed which AV can you recommend that can't be bypassed?
Most of AV can be bypassed, but most will give a headache for skiddies and hackers which uses public crypters will be more hard to penetrate or hacking someone instead using a Basic WD "hardening" but still possible bypassing with UAC permissions or Kernel / ring0. Not to laugh seriously.

I want to go home and rethink my life.
Typical Argument for who doesn't have properly answer. What we should do?

6j8qyz.jpg

Go and stay there.

It is also good to keep in mind, as @Andy Ful pointed out, that these exploits are usually reserved for attacking high value targets. Home users don’t need to panic about every exploit they hear about. Practicing good internet hygiene will go much farther than any AV in protecting you. The reason this is a problem in organizations is bigger attack surfaces and undertrained users.
Yes you are right, that's because Youtubers with lot of Skins in CS GO, Money aren't hacked or targeted to be... Famous youtuber never will be hacked, trust in me.
They know probably how to edit videos, how to do videos, how to upload videos, how to install Premier or Sony Vegas, but they let WD does his job. Then in some day they are hacked any they don't know how, probably a USB from a friend to spread? Who knows, who knows..

Even people without being famous, with lot of games, items p2c in games and items with higher values in a lot of games out there, isn't a target, trust me. Anyone who have high and good inventory in games always will be targeted, guess what? It never happened and won't happen.

Still trusting in that, you are completely fine.

I will changelling OP or anyone here with Assembly and Skills with C++ any other programming.

1. Identify which games uses NProtect GameGuard, PunkBuster and BattleEye, EasyAntiCheat then try to guess who will give you headaches. I know the answers, but I will left it to you. "But AV doesn't and can't be compared, yes you are right this is because Kaspersky joined that with Kaspersky anti-cheat, who have more skills to do a good anticheat ? AV.

If you bypass any GameGuard Game, PunkBuster make a video then try to bypass BattleEye, EasyAnti-Cheat and compare the time, the efforts to do it
You can do it with bots. Let me know how much time you will to do it for each single one.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
This exploit (reading exclusions and downloading a payload there) was rarely used even in Enterprises. It also did not make sense in the widespread attacks, because it would automatically fail against most targets.

Reactions: plat

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

DrSnake09

Most people here already know everything you have posted. Some of us read hacking forums for many years (30+ years in my case). I hacked several programs (including some AVs and other well-known security applications) because I was asked to do it or on purpose to get some knowledge about how this can be done. Please follow my advice and open a separate thread related to hacking.:) (y)

Edit.
You can look at some of my posts here (a short story about how Defender tried to learn about new threats):

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I never said that any AV have 100% protection. I never said that and I think @Local Host was understood what I've told here.

If I said that any AV protects you at 100% against all bypass please quote me to be ashamed and humiliated. I guarantee you won't find it saying by me.

"Windows Defender doesnt just use signatures anymore and people are more aware than ever on how to avoid malware"

Yes, sure.. How not laugh with this kind of argument? I can have know-how about that, but I can share my computer with my family and what? They will need to have know-how about what I have? They will be forced to use a VM? They will be forced to analyze a Malware or check which activity it does on our computer? Guess what? Surprise!! NO and NO.

The Windows Defender can still be bypassed easily even with hardening or not, the question here is the method of bypass that's it. You can hardening it at all.
But exploits and vulnerabilities still there, until Microsoft patches it. Until that Malware, Trojans, Keyloggers will still using what is available methods to penetrate WD.

Need to draw? I didn't say that WD is not enough. Certainly is not enough at all. But does the work, not the best or medium but it really does.
But the question and my posts are about HOW EASY is TO BYPASS WD? Is Easy that is my point.

A Simple resuming for you and for everyone here who are "giving smiles in my posts", first you can give smiles or laugh I don't care. I know the black market, I know where the people looks to hacking someone or learning how to do it, I know where is published that things for WD, specially Crypters the first one that is always bypassed easily is Windows Defender wihtout any doubt, if you wrote a commentary in that thread they will say "Is necessary to answer you about WD bypass moron?" that is the answer he gives to anyone that asks for that. With a laugh hardly behind the computer.

1. Kaspersky can be bypassed? Yes. ----> How hard it is for a Skiddie, Low Skilled Hacker, Trollers -----> Not easy my friend, good luck it will give you a headache.
2. BitDefender can be bypassed? Yes ---> Headache, hardly to do it without good or medium skills or paying for it (skids)
3. GData, Emisosoft, ESET can be bypassed? Yes ---> Headache, hardly to do it without good or medium skills or paying for it (skids)
4. All others AV (without WD) can by bypassed? Yes -> Headache, hardly to do it without good or medium skills or paying for it (skids)

**Please McAffee can't enter in this list because is drinking his beautiful coffee everyday of the day and the year, he remains in silent mode.
Should we consider McAffee as antivirus? Well, I consider it a rubbish software installed here wasting my disk space.

Finally
5. Windows Defender can be bypassed? Yes ----> How hard is for any people with bad intentions to it ----------> Easy -------> Why? -------> A lot of public information how to do that, because is the default protection of the system obviously will get attraction, methods and other things. -------> But I will hardening ----> Ohhh darling, you can even Hardening but if they still using a good public or private method they can still bypass you -----------> But... but... but... WD is not to defend against hackers --------> Who does malware? trojans? Keyloggers? Software to spy? Then if is not to protect against virus with bad intentions, let them run in your computer lool if there is no hackers behind a malware / virus why you don't let them running in background instead hardening? (THIS IS TO LAUGH who told that... :cool:) Even a simple Potentially Unwanted Application which collects, gathering data, mining can bypass and WD doesn't identify it mostly times ---> Ohhhh, what I should do? --------> Be skilled, Smart and use your brain to protect yourself, if you have family there install any other AV with more possibilities to block it or install Linux (yes, please don't come with the argument linux can be infected, I know, but the probability is <10%

6j8qr0.jpg

Most of AV can be bypassed, but most will give a headache for skiddies and hackers which uses public crypters will be more hard to penetrate or hacking someone instead using a Basic WD "hardening" but still possible bypassing with UAC permissions or Kernel / ring0. Not to laugh seriously.

Typical Argument for who doesn't have properly answer. What we should do?

6j8qyz.jpg

Go and stay there.

Yes you are right, that's because Youtubers with lot of Skins in CS GO, Money aren't hacked or targeted to be... Famous youtuber never will be hacked, trust in me.
They know probably how to edit videos, how to do videos, how to upload videos, how to install Premier or Sony Vegas, but they let WD does his job. Then in some day they are hacked any they don't know how, probably a USB from a friend to spread? Who knows, who knows..

Even people without being famous, with lot of games, items p2c in games and items with higher values in a lot of games out there, isn't a target, trust me. Anyone who have high and good inventory in games always will be targeted, guess what? It never happened and won't happen.

Still trusting in that, you are completely fine.

I will changelling OP or anyone here with Assembly and Skills with C++ any other programming.

1. Identify which games uses NProtect GameGuard, PunkBuster and BattleEye, EasyAntiCheat then try to guess who will give you headaches. I know the answers, but I will left it to you. "But AV doesn't and can't be compared, yes you are right this is because Kaspersky joined that with Kaspersky anti-cheat, who have more skills to do a good anticheat ? AV.

If you bypass any GameGuard Game, PunkBuster make a video then try to bypass BattleEye, EasyAnti-Cheat and compare the time, the efforts to do it
You can do it with bots. Let me know how much time you will to do it for each single one.
I think you have an unhealthy obsession with a fear of being hacked. Practice safe computing. You'll be okay.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.