Windows Defender dramatically improves antivirus protection scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
As we’ve reported in the past, Microsoft’s built-in Windows Defender antivirus capabilities haven’t exactly shined when it comes to industry evaluations. Test by the AV-Test Institute in Magdeburg, Germany, have shown Windows Defender to be rather underwhelming compared to competitive antivirus offerings. Fortunately, things might be changing, as PC Mag reports.

In a recent AV-Test, which showed a number of antivirus providers performing worse than in past tests, Windows Defender was one of only two solutions with improved scores. Microsoft’s score improved dramatically, going from a 9.5 score (below the certification cutoff) to a more competitive 14 points. While nowhere near industry-leading at this point, the jump pushes Windows Defender into a much more respectable position.

Full Article:
Windows Defender dramatically improves antivirus protection scores

AV-Tests Report: AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute

douglas duart

Oct 1, 2015
I'm lost completely I have an error message stating

Browser browser has detected a new viral infection (auto-loading.trjn)

I don't know whats going on but I need help here ran scans , restarted even took out battery nothing is working

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its good to see that Microsoft can do it even though relies on basic techniques. However the boundary of being a baseline AV halts to improve more than we expect prior to respect on 3rd party competitors.

Still not a bad product at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.