Troubleshoot Windows errors - "Only one instance is allowed" pop-ups

Xtc21

Thread author
Oct 30, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
To much processes by one application in Task Manager and CPU is used 60-80%(very laggy).
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Nothing.
Poblem is when windows has started, and give me to much error dialogs on desktop "Only one instance is allowed" and when I look in Task Manager i see process ALARMC~1.EXE is open more than 3 times, sometimes go to 20 processes from ALARMC~1.EXE. One time it was AlarmClock.exe process.

This is a image with problem:

AlnUbZr.jpg

Sorry my english.
Thanks!

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Following is just what I find in www.file.net:

AlarmClock.exe is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems.AlarmClock.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows 8/7/XP are 1,011,712 bytes (83% of all occurrences), 1,003,520 bytes, 4,988,928 bytes, 4,227,584 bytes or 999,424 bytes.
space.gif

The program has no visible window. It is not a Windows system file. AlarmClock.exe is able to record keyboard and mouse inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 43% dangerous, however you should also read the user reviews.
If you still experience problems with AlarmClock.exe, you can use the software publisher's support site or uninstall the program using the Control Panel ⇒ Add/Remove programs ⇒ Smart 6 B or at BIOS.

Upvote 0

ha14

Level 1
Verified
Oct 13, 2015
ALARMC~1.EXE is part of Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect, it can be malware if you do not have Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect installed.
so scan with your antimalware

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

ALARMC~1.EXE is part of Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect, it can be malware if you do not have Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect installed.
so scan with your antimalware
No, this is a wrong info: the source of this info is sponsored by crap software.

Reactions: Kent
Upvote 0

Xtc21

Thread author
Oct 30, 2015
when i search with first program, at every pop-up anti malware say "Malware Detected, Vendor: Virus.Neshta, Path: C:\Windows\svchost.com

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.