• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I installed WFC. Outgoing is locked.

So free version works same as Windows FW but kinda easier access to rules, etc...?

There is no trial version of the full version...thats not good.

If I use paid version then do I need to reset Windows FW to default or WFC install resets Windows FW to default so that all rules except default are removed?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It's only $10.

"Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run".

Assistance support email address: support@binisoft.org
I have a giveaway activation. The difference is its a lifetime activation for the PC but if OS is upgraded to other OS or reinstalled then WFC activation will become invalid & not activate.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Login in to your account, see the FAQ on the support page.
Currently I dont know how it will work but the giveaway details mentioned that.

I installed WFC & gave ID to them & will receive activation code. So dont think there will be login details to generate activation code for future use.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
WFC license = Lifetime & Unlimited installs on as many OS\systems as you wish - unless Alexandru made give-away license with special restrictions.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It is Lifetime License & Unlimited Installs...
If I will reinstall OS then guess WFC ID will change & thus require new activation code, right? How will I get new activation code?

So its lifetime for PC & may be unlimited install but once OS is reinstalled activation lost.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
If I will reinstall OS then guess WFC ID will change & thus require new activation code, right? How will I get new activation code?

So its lifetime for PC & may be unlimited install but once OS is reinstalled activation lost.

You have to create account at BiniSoft.org

Sign-in

You will get code from WFC which you have to submit at binisoft.org

binisoft.org will generate activation code\license key

You can install WFC on multiple PCs + reinstall the OSes as many times as you like and reinstall WFC

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You have to create account at BiniSoft.org

Sign-in

You will get code from WFC which you have to submit at binisoft.org

binisoft.org will generate activation code\license key

You can install WFC on multiple PCs + reinstall the OSes as many times as you like and reinstall WFC
I know how WFC lic & account, etc... works. I read the details on the website.

I am strictly talking about the giveaway lic. On OS reinstall I will lose the activation...And no way to activate the giveaway lic, right?

There is no account register i.e donate & register so its like getting a new lic as donate & register gets you a lic.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I know how WFC lic & account, etc... works. I read the details on the website.

I am strictly talking about the giveaway lic. On OS reinstall I will lose the activation...And no way to activate the giveaway lic, right?

There is no account register i.e donate & register so its like getting a new lic as donate & register gets you a lic.

I see what you mean. Just contact Alexandru and he will set you up. support@binisoft.org

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Well what should I say to him?

You got WFC giveaway license from MT & give code that WFC generates.

OK. I read the giveaway details from Sept 9, 2015.

Alexandru restricts giveaway licenses to the PC on which they are 1st installed. If you reinstall the OS, then activation will be lost.

I wouldn't be surprised if any unactivated giveaway keys have been, by now, deactivated.

From the infos, it looks like giveaway licenses are one-time licenses.

You have to ask Alexandru about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
It makes no sense to me that a giveaway license is restricted. If that is the case, then it really isn't a giveaway license.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It makes no sense to me that a giveaway license is restricted. If that is the case, then it really isn't a giveaway license.
I think its fair coz its not necessary the giveaway lic should be lifetime too...its a giveaway/free with the terms mentioned...if you agree with the terms participate & if not dont participate, right?

I may contact Dev with a request to create an account so that I can renew activation...lets see what he says.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I think its fair coz its not necessary the giveaway lic should be lifetime too...its a giveaway/free with the terms mentioned...if you agree with the terms participate & if not dont participate, right?

A restricted giveaway license is nothing but an extended trial license - so it really isn't a true giveaway.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
A restricted giveaway license is nothing but an extended trial license - so it really isn't a true giveaway.
Yes, some giveaway are good & some not. Like recently I won Eset giveaway & the product mention trial on the GUI...not a big deal but when you are already giving free why the trial, right? Make the impression till the end.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Ok, got the activation code & activated.

For some programs, first connection attempt doesn't work i.e -
Medium Level - Programs first connection attempt doesn't work...you get WFC alert & selecting allow...then the connection works.
Low Level i.e Signed is auto-allowed - Even for Signed programs, some programs first connection attempt fails & trying again works.
This is little annoying.

T - on the alerts T means temp allow/block.
I think instead of 2 big bars for allow/block & T at the end for temp...better would be bars divided into 2 i.e Always Allow & Allow Temp, Always Block & Block Temp.

I was trying it. So was deleting rules for the programs & retrying programs.
At one time I deleted few of my programs rules & ran the programs again but didn't got any alerts & connections were allowed but rules section those programs didn't appeared. I tried few times with same results. Exited WFC & tried again & this time worked correctly i.e got the alerts.
It happened for only that time. I tried few times again & WFC worked fine. So dont know what happened that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.