Windows Performance Toolkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Do you want to speed up your Windows 7 overall boot time? Just follow these steps to a faster Windows 7 start up time.

Note: You must do all the steps outlined in these 2 articles. The boot process will make you reboot 6 times then it will be finished.

1. http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/146919-install-the-windows-performance-tools-kit/

2. http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/140262-how-to-speed-up-boot-process-under-windows-vista-or-windows-7/

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
If I can shorten my boot time then I will do so.

Thanks for sharing Maximus.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Anything to make me get on the computer faster.

Thanks Maximus.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Your welcome. Keep in mind once all the necessary programs are installed all you will need to to is run "xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot" from the CMD prompt every few months or so. Can be tedious rebooting 6 times but what the heck.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Keep in mind once all the necessary programs are installed all you will need to to is run "xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot" from the CMD prompt every few months or so.

why every month or so?
is it like maintaining the system?

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Yeah, this is basically getting your superfetch to learn what it needs to load as well as defragging your boot files/ what starts up to the edge of your drive.

Works well.

Personally I don't care about boot times, I rarely shut down and much prefer to sleep my computer.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
my old laptop from I turn on my laptop, until the desktop appears. only take 37 seconds or less.

but, thanks for share Maximus.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Quite amazing, 58 seconds down to 34 seconds. Well worth the 6 restarts.

D

Deleted member 178

I had a slight but noticeable improvement, thanks for the thread.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
I had a slight but noticeable improvement, thanks for the thread.

You need to read the logs it produces in order to see your overall speed improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.