Not open for further replies.

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Hi all,
I have a Nokia Lumia 635 running Windows phone 8 and I really like it a lot. What kind of security do I need for my phone if any? or is there any security included by default? Any and all input is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In a future update (Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, users will get access to the Consumer VPN option). Your Lumia 635 is currently running Windows Phone 8.1.

Unlike Android and iOS you do not need an Antivirus for Windows Phone. - Solved!

However, I strongly encourage that you Read Reviews before installing an App, and check the App Permissions.

Suggestions located in App List > Settings > System

Lock Screen - Set a screen timeout period and a passcode to prevent unauthorised use.
upload_2014-11-6_15-56-52.png

Find my Phone - You can ring, lock, erase, locate or send apps to your phone from windowsphone.com/find
upload_2014-11-6_15-57-55.png

Backup - Save stuff to the cloud (saved to your MS OneDrive account)
upload_2014-11-6_15-58-32.png

Advertising ID - If you want personalised ads or not (optional)
upload_2014-11-6_15-59-36.png

Phone Update - Get software updates. These are pushed OTA from your carrier once tested and ready
upload_2014-11-6_16-0-39.png

Call+SMS Filter - Blocks calls and SMS texts (Anti-Spam)
upload_2014-11-6_16-1-40.png

Suggestions located in App List > Settings > Applications

Wallet - Use a PIN to protect in-app purchases
upload_2014-11-6_16-2-17.png

Internet Explorer > Advanced Settings - Enable SmartScreen Filter, Turn off Location for IE and DNT options.
upload_2014-11-6_16-3-37.png

cookinpro

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
In a future update (Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, users will get access to the Consumer VPN option). Your Lumia 635 is currently running Windows Phone 8.1.

Unlike Android and iOS you do not need an Antivirus for Windows Phone. - Solved!

However, I strongly encourage that you Read Reviews before installing an App, and check the App Permissions.

Suggestions located in App List > Settings > System

Lock Screen - Set a screen timeout period and a passcode to prevent unauthorised use.
View attachment 29660

Find my Phone - You can ring, lock, erase, locate or send apps to your phone from windowsphone.com/find
View attachment 29661

Backup - Save stuff to the cloud (saved to your MS OneDrive account)
View attachment 29663

Advertising ID - If you want personalised ads or not (optional)
View attachment 29665

Phone Update - Get software updates. These are pushed OTA from your carrier once tested and ready
View attachment 29666

Call+SMS Filter - Blocks calls and SMS texts (Anti-Spam)
View attachment 29667

Suggestions located in App List > Settings > Applications

Wallet - Use a PIN to protect in-app purchases
View attachment 29668

Internet Explorer > Advanced Settings - Enable SmartScreen Filter, Turn off Location for IE and DNT options.
View attachment 29673
Thank you very much for the info Huracan

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.