Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
windows-phone-users-moving-en-masse-to-android-505277-2.jpg

Despite Microsoft’s reiterated commitment to Windows Phone, the platform keeps losing users every month, and new statistics provided by Kantar show that market share declined at a worrying pace in the thee-month period ending April 2016.

What’s more, it appears that Windows Phone users who jump ship actually choose Android as their next destination, and only a few of them go for iOS.

“For iOS, this term showed the first increase since October 2015, though modest at just 0.4%, from 34.7% to 35.1%. Android gains came from Windows phone owners switching, a trend that produced nearly 10% of new Android customers, while 21.8% of new iOS buyers switched from Android,” Dominic Sunnebo, Business Unit Director for Kantar Worldpanel ComTech Europe, explained.

This does make sense. Android is available on a wide variety of devices that fall both in the low-budget and high-end categories, whereas iOS is only running on iPhones that are generally considered more expensive.

Windows Phone market share
Specifically, Windows Phone dropped in absolutely all major markets, and it all starts with the United States. Here, Windows Phone declined 2.5 percent to 1.3 percent, while in China, a market where the platform has always struggled to impress, it lost 0.3 percent and is now at 0.7 percent.

Read more: Windows Phone Users Moving En Masse to Android

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Microsoft often much more concerned to launch any app for Android than for the system itself, makes it seem like she really does not care for your system.

The Brazil is not on this list, I say that this too is happening here! Many users who worshiped the Windows Phone (Windows 10 Mobile) are leaving, groups on Facebook on Windows Phone with more than 35,000 participants being abandoned gradually.

Users who have previously defended Microsoft and its system mobile, today does not advocate more.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The target landscape of Microsoft is too far compare to Android.

Customization = Android
Apps Support = Android and IOS

For security where Microsoft's Windows Phone has only the edge because of few users audiences + alongside of good camera feature and handy features only.

So expect many users to go from Android or IOS cause everything are available on that case.

Reactions: DardiM

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
Windows phone looks like it's just a version of nokia's symbian with a new look. One thing you can't beat android at is the open source AOSP project. That means you can customize it for free on any phone you like.
Windows arrived late in the market and now has to pay for it.

Reactions: DardiM

JMatthews

Jun 4, 2016
Seemed like it was only a matter of time. I can't really figure out what it is that Windows Phone users feel like they're getting out of their phones that they can't get out of Android/iOS. I think the main draw for a while was the camera because IIRC, most of the windows phones were advancing with their camera technology slightly faster than Apple/Samsung but I don't even think that's the case now. Can't say I've been following the more recent releases but I'd be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.