Windows Thin PC now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
A new version of Windows has been released. No, not Windows 8, but Windows Thin PC. Windows Thin PC, is a new locked down version of Windows 7 for older PCs. It is aimed at companies that have a need for thin clients. The Windows Team has announced the release of Windows Thin PC to Software Assurance customers on their blog.

Read more

good news for people not have good specs or just have old PC :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's aimed at companies, so I doubt regular consumers using this at home. The ISO is only 1.5GB, so it's a pretty stripped down version of w7.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
stormgtr said:
It's aimed at companies, so I doubt regular consumers using this at home. The ISO is only 1.5GB, so it's a pretty stripped down version of w7.

storm, i thought this for people not have good specs on their PC (old PC)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have a look on their website, its clearly shows as an Windows Enterprise solution.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/enterprise/solutions/virtualization/products/thinpc.aspx

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
stormgtr said:
If you have a look on their website, its clearly shows as an Windows Enterprise solution.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/enterprise/solutions/virtualization/products/thinpc.aspx
Microsoft is advertising this Windows stripeed down OS as an option for companies.If your system can't handle a full Windows 7 version you have the following options :

1.Upgrade your system or buy a new one.
2.Use Windows XP
3.Use a Linux OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.