Windows update is failed after install Bitdefender internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Windows update is failed after install Bitdefender internet security.

The error code of windows update is 80246008, and the error code of background intelligent transfer service (BTIS) in eventviewer is 2147024894. So, I changed BITS into auto(delay), but BITS stops repeatedly when I was trying to perform windows update 5 times after rebooting.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Did you try turning off Bitdefender and then try Windows update?

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
I donno... try looking for updater in task manager >> Protection >> Anti Virus >> Exclusions >> Excluded processes >> Add

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
@breathejustice did you purchase a BIS license?
If not I would consider trying another security program such as ESET since Bitdefender seems to be giving you one problem after another.

Reactions: Koroke San

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am testing 6 month trials. Thanks.
I am considering kaspersky as the next testing software.
Kaspersky is good but depending on your system specs it can be a little heavy
ESET is light,runs well on all operating systems (hopefully they will resolve the HIPS issue in Windows 10) and you can get a 90 day trial
If you want to try ESS 8 and cannot obtain a 90 day license here http://malwaretips.com/threads/eset-smart-security-3-months-free-trial.48065/ send me a PM and I will hook you up

Reactions: souhrid

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Ok since it doesn't quite work like that. Go to Microsoft's site and download the updater package to your computer and then give what I said in your other thread a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.