Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've never noticed this before, since the previous times I have receive the reboot prompt it never has a count-down timer.

Just a postpone in ... minutes/hours.

Because I don't remember the "Restarting in: ..." Was this added recently or just for (when) applying certain updates?

See attachment:

Attachments

• windowsupdate_reboot.png
    windowsupdate_reboot.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 470

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I hate these prompts, I used to get them in XP.
Luckily I don't get the restarting in... prompt on XP any more, so I can hide it with AnVir task manager.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in laptop I saw this prompt one time so need to set in 4 hours before it appears. I often used the laptop.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I meant, is the count-down timer new since SP1 for Windows 7? :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well count down timer is not new from Windows 7 (no service pack). Not sure in Windows Vista

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well count down timer is not new from Windows 7 (no service pack). Not sure in Windows Vista

Thanks. :D

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
As posted in another thread about auto update/reboot...

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/stop-windows-7-from-auto-restarting-after-update/

Maybe it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.