Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi all.
This is a Windows Vista online emulator/simulator.
Just wait a minute and... ENJOY! :) :D

LINK: Windows Vista Simulator - Alpha

P.S. In the browser don't work for me google.it, but I tried to go to another site, writing the address in the web-site address bar and it works fine!

vistasimulator.jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The optimization of Aero and other certain features brought already the attention way back before where complaints are outrageous which is true as performance varies to be inconsistent. Way back where I've found an HP Laptop has only 1GB and default is Vista which makes it totally a pain of slow due to manufacturer default implementation.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Microsoft steps:
  • XP: good
  • Vista: not good
  • 7: good
  • 8/8.1: not good
  • So Windows 10: Good :D

It seems that this list can be further extended:p:
  • 98: Good
  • ME: Not Good
  • XP: Good
  • Vista: Not Good
  • 7: Good
  • 8: Not Good
  • 10: Unknown:p
The only problem of this list is that it suggests "95 is not good", which is not true in my opinion:D

Reactions: LabZero and XhenEd

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
(Win10 is pretty nifty imo. Yet, the privacy things are an issue.)

Well, the alpha version of this emulation glitches a lot in my version of Chrome.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
XP: Excellent
Vista: Average
7: Good
8/8.1: Still on 7, but I liked new DISM commands.
10: IDK
MS released an beta of win7 as Vista, don't know what win10 would be.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The emulator is pretty cool although I am not sure how many fans there are of Vista.It took some getting used to and I mostly sat on XP until a year or so after Windows 7 release

Every other OS Microsoft puts out seems to be a dud

95: Good especially from what was before it.New Windows GUI
98/98 SE: Very good
ME/2000: Bad/not so good but better than ME
XP: Excellent
Vista: Not so good.A resource hog and much like Windows 8/8.1 the OS was a departure from what XP users were used to.Better security than XP though.
Windows 7: Excellent
Windows 8/8.1: Although I don't think it was really that bad it could probably be considered a dud.I primarily ran Windows 7 until 10's release.
Windows 10: Excellent.It is everything Windows 8/8.1 should have been.The GIU is much better than 8/8.1 and a noticeable improvement from Windows 7.It is definitely a step above 8/8.1.It does have some drawbacks and issues(mainly updates & privacy) but all in all an excellent OS that will only get better and more stable with updates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.