Windows XP Review (Successful OS that turns to be vanish in a matter of time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows XP is an operating system produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops and media centers. First released to computer manufacturers on August 24, 2001,[4] it is the second most popular version of Windows, based on installed user base.[5] The name "XP" is short for "eXPerience."[6]

Read More

Windows XP an OS that was favorite by the users even before, and as the time goes through modern generation this OS has come to an end for life cycle and anything will be no longer update to fix issues/vulnerabilities.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Most of the serious vulnerabilities were fixed in the three Service Packs that got released for XP.

However if the users hardware is good enough I'd always suggest an upgrade to Windows 7. ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Windows XP was the OS that got me started on computer and what I know today. People will never forget Windows XP, but since it's coming to an end, they might need to upgrade before it's too late.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
XP is running perfectly (unlike 7 / 8) on the older systems so I can't care too much about not getting more updates.. And we still have 2 years? If it is 2014 as I remember.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials: Well perhaps on 2013 I will buy a laptop with the latest OS and that's Windows 8.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
And that's depend on how I will feel it to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.