On Sale! Windscribe VPN: 3-Yr Pro Subscription $15.99

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

g-rpm

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
The Pitch
Windscribe is much more than a VPN. It's a desktop application and browser extension that work in conjunction to protect your online privacy, unblock websites, and remove ads and trackers from your everyday browsing. With Windscribe, you'll never mess with confusing settings and options menus again; just turn it on on your desktop once, and it's good to go in the background forever. Apart from the easy-to-use interface, one of the biggest benefits of choosing Windscribe's service is that it provides unlimited downloads and unlimited simultaneous connections. You'll find that most VPNs limit you to a maximum of five devices (if that), making Windscribe's offering a great choice for owners of multiple devices and small businesses alike. It's also touted for its above average anonymity, including a strict no-logging policy and anonymous sign-up that doesn't even require as much as an email address. Why the paid version over the free version? The paid version offers unlimited downloads and unlimited data — making it well worth the purchase. It's no surprise that Canadian-based company, Windscribe, is one of the most recommended VPNs on the market — check out the reviews below for yourself.

• Mask your physical location from 3rd parties w/ an encrypted tunnel
  • Access geo-locked content from anywhere
  • Use the Netflix browser extension to easily bypass geo-restrictions while streaming
  • Avoid most ads while you're browsing
  • Torrent securely & share files w/o worrying about your ISP snooping on you
  • Use on all your devices simultaneously
  • Get protected by the top-notch firewall that protects you in case of connectivity loss
  • Leave no trace or logs while you browse

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
What a great VPN! I use this VPN on all of my devices. Every once in a while I need to turn off the VPN on an iPhone within my family, but then again they do not restart or turn off their phone very often so that could be their problem.

So far I am quite impressed with this VPN and I have been using it for a long period of time. I'm glad I spent the money for this VPN.

Good choice @SumTingWong !

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Is stacksocial reliable? Would the pro subcription really last for 3 years?

Reactions: Weebarra

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Is stacksocial reliable? Would the pro subcription really last for 3 years?
Well, about a month ago I bought a Lifetime Licence of StackSocial and it works fine. You will get a code after you buy it then you will apply the coupon code in your accounts page. It is simple and worked fine for me. I'm guessing the 3 year pro will work the same too.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Well, about a month ago I bought a Lifetime Licence of StackSocial and it works fine. You will get a code after you buy it then you will apply the coupon code in your accounts page. It is simple and worked fine for me. I'm guessing the 3 year pro will work the same too.

awesome thanks

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I bought a lifetime license for this VPN awhile back. Everything about it is great, minus the slow speeds comparison to Express VPN, Nord, and PIA.

Ping times, page load, and download speeds take a hit where I am located in the US. It's been like this since I purchased (couple of years ago). It has gotten slightly faster with the new protocol, but not much.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
It works well enough in the UK. No lag when watching YouTube or anything.

Its perhaps worth having a copuple of VPNs. If you use it when travelling, one VPN might outperform the other depending on your location relative to the nearest server.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
It works well enough in the UK. No lag when watching YouTube or anything.

Its perhaps worth having a copuple of VPNs. If you use it when travelling, one VPN might outperform the other depending on your location relative to the nearest server.

Good advice! I have both Windscribe Pro and Avira Phantom VPN Pro. I was recently traveling, and the ISP behind the WiFi I was connecting through refused to let me establish a functional connection with Avira. So I just used Windscribe, and it worked fine! Having more than option could be a good thing!

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Windscribe VPN speed is below average. :(
Working fine here in Baltic States, chose the location nearest to you, so the speeds are better. Also check if it is using IKEv2 protocol. I also have Pro version and when I connect to US servers from my 100/100MB's my speeds also drop below 5/5MB's, I find it completely normal and same is with other VPN providers. Also, I use only Windscribe browser extension on my host, because I don't travel around with my laptop and there's no need for full VPN, proxy is just fine. But for VMware I use desktop version.

I find Windscribe Pro speeds very good. I recommend it. (y) I only miss the Estonia servers, hope they will add it at some point, but many VPN providers don't have them, so not sure what's up with that. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Working fine here in Baltic States, chose the location nearest to you, so the speeds are better. Also check if it is using IKEv2 protocol. I also have Pro version and when I connect to US servers from my 100/100MB's my speeds also drop below 5/5MB's, I find it completely normal and same is with other VPN providers. Also, I use only Windscribe browser extension on my host, because I don't travel around with my laptop and there's no need for full VPN, proxy is just fine. But for VMware I use desktop version.

I find Windscribe Pro speeds very good. I recommend it. (y) I only miss the Estonia servers, hope they will add it at some point, but many VPN providers don't have them, so not sure what's up with that. :unsure:

Still slow speed here. It is using IKEV2 protocol and the server location I choose is Miami. Download and upload speed cut more than 50%.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Any advantage of buying this over their free 10 gig version? Which I have never used all of it in a month, but don't run the VPN full time. I can't watch movies with the Netflix app with this VPN

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Windscribe VPN speed is below average. :(

I have noticed that it is highly dependent on which server you connect through. Best results are probably obtained by using one that is geographically closest to your location. The server locations that are available to the free users probably have the heaviest traffic.

I have seen some servers slow to a crawl, while others have no slowdown at all, so that could be why there is such a wide variance of opinion on Windscribe performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.